1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP firmware 1.5 questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by usdblades, Apr 10, 2007.

1. usdblades

usdblades Member

I have a PSP with firmware 1.5 on it comming in the mail.

My question(s)

Can I access the internet on it like the newer versions.
    Someone said they were not sure and told me that they know there is a chinese browser out there. I cant read chinese and if there is not internet on there if there was a english browser :)

to play my SNES games do I need homebrew or will my SNES emulator run just fine on 1.5

Also how much space do I have on the PSP?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. kaneda_77

kaneda_77 Member

first of all you should upgrade it to 3.10oe-a, it runs much better and will have more processing power to run homebrew.

second, on 1.5 you can run homebrew programs. however, SNES emulators are very slow right now, use MAME or NES for now

the amount of space that you have depends on how big of a duo stick that you have. there is no hard drive on a psp. buy a 4 gig pro duo. you can get one on ebay for 60-70 for a real one.

3. staxx

staxx Regular member

No, you'll have to upgrade to a newer version to get the capabilities of using the web browser. Do not use sony's updates...just use the winstaller found in my signature to get from 1.50 to 3.03 oe-c.

Yes 1.50 runs homebrew. But again i suggest upgrading to a custom firmware because it will combine the features of 1.50 and 3.03 together. Link in my sig.

Space as in flash0 space? or as in memory stick space?
    flash0 space is used to customize your psp's look and settings and there isnt too much space on there which is why you have to be careful when customizing because if you dont have enough space you will brick your psp. However there are some tricks you can do to clear up a little bit more space to allow you to add loads of other features.

Memory stick space depends on the size of your memory stick. You will use this to store your games and homebrew applications.

*EDIT* The guy that posted above...the sticks on ebay are fake, however they do work fine. The only difference is the transfer speed from your computer to your memory stick and a couple of applications which no one really uses anyway. So if you dont mind waiting an extra 2 minutes for each game to transfer to your stick then purchase from ebay.

4. usdblades

usdblades Member

I mean like space on the psp so I can have background images and custom icon images. I would love to learn those tricks you have.

I figure a bg and custom images is all I would store on the PSP. I have a 1 gig stick already.

Im downloading the 1.5 to 3.03c right now.

Im looking at the readme and noticed there are 2 sections. The first part was pretty simple looking. the second part just confused me with the Oeupdatemaker and all that. Do I have to worry about it.

5. staxx

staxx Regular member

yeah that would be flash0 space. Anyways everything you'll need for that kind of customization can be found here...

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7155

I recommend clearing some flash0 space by dummying the font sizes before you customize anything just to be safe.

6. usdblades

usdblades Member

*bows before Staxx* thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. Ill probably be here getting help if I get stuck. when my PSP gets here. I must get sleep for work tonight. Oh joy