1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP firmware 2.60 and back-up game

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kerryPSP, Apr 24, 2007.

1. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Please explain in detail how I can play my PSP and PSone back-up games(ISO), my PSP firmware is 2.60. If possible, please explain step-by-step.

I've read many threads focusing on this issue, but I'm so confused. I don't know if I have to downgrade my PSP from firmware 2.60 to 1.5 or I can upgrade directly from 2.60 to 3xxx (customer firmware).

2. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Some one helps me, please

3. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

upgrade 2 2.80 then downgrade then upgrade to 3.03 oe-c

4. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Can you give more detail, and would you like to provide the links to these software

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Why upgrade to 2.80? Wouldnt a 2.71 update and then downgrade be better? And by better I mean no GTA:LCS needed? Just wait a while kerryPSP till we get things figured out :) Because people make mistakes (CKhaleel and myself included) and we wouldnt want to make your PSP un-downgradable.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well whichever method you decide to use heres a link to a site that you will most definetly find useful.

http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks...guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90919.html

Select your PSP firmware version and motherboard model and it will have a guide just for that specific firmware/motherboard combo. The guides are well written, very clear in their directions, and include links to all files needed to downgrade.

7. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Thank you very much for your concern. So,
    1 - I need to determine my PSP motherboard model, and we have 3 kinds: none (withoutTA) or TA-82 or TA-86.

2 - Update to 2.71 (official firmware)

3 - downgrade to 1.5 by some software(based on my PSP's motherboard model)

4 - update to custom firmware

Are these steps right?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  8. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Now, I have upgraded my PSP to 2.71 official firmware. My PSP's motherboard model is T-82 (IC3001) , do I need GTA UMD to downgrade my PSP?

9. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

I'm very much appreciate your kindnesses, I have successfully upgraded to custom firmware 3.03OE-C.

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Congradulations! I am truly excited for you, good luck with the custom firmware. Also I uploaded a easy installer for "Firmware 1.5 Recovery Mode", basically it installs/copies all the files needed to save your bricked PSP from recovery mode into the correct spot on your memory stick. If you don't know what Recovery mode is let me know and I will explain it. Even if you are not sure what Recovery Mode is use the program I uploaded, cause trust me it is a life saver.

Firmware 1.5 Recovery Mode Winstaller:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/6j2oco

P.S. This may not be a big deal to you but there is a newer version of Dark_AleX's custom firmware, it is version 3.40 OE-A. Basically like the version you got but can play PS1 games on it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007