1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP firmware 2.60, question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kerryPSP, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

I bought a PSP, 2.60 and having some legal copies of UMD games. Please explain in detail how I can play my PSP and PSone back-up games(ISO), my PSP firmware is 2.60. If possible, please explain step-by-step.

I've read many threads focusing on this issue, but I'm so confused. I don't know if I have to downgrade my PSP from firmware 2.60 to 1.5 or I can upgrade directly from 2.60 to 3xxx (custom firmware).

Some one told me that I update my PSP to 2.80 (Sony firmware), downgrade it to 1.5, then update to custom firmware 3.xxx. But I have no clue.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Please provide:
    - what software/firmware I would need
    - What equipments (UMD,USB,etc)
    - What step I would need to follow
    - Other things would need to be paid attention.
    ---------------------------
    The only thing I know now is I have a PSP with firmware 2.60.

3. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

get the 2.6 easy downgrader made by Dark_Alex just google it m8 google is your friend then when downloaded do u av gta liberty city stories with a version 2 update on the disk if not then i think u need to upgrade to version 2.80 then downgrade back to 1.5

4. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Thank you very much. I would like to have the easiest and the most safe way to to do this. I don't have GTA UMD game, so I need to update to offical firmware 2.8, then downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to custom firmware. Is this the best way?

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

i have never seen the 2.8 downgrader just search on google 2.80 updater then i will tell u wot to do after that

6. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

another way is to use the easy downgrader for 2.71 which i can honestly say has worked on my psp

7. kerryPSP

kerryPSP Member

Do you mean Sony official firmware 2.80 which we can dowbload directly from Sony?

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

wel yeh but up 2 u wer u get it frm as long as it is 4 ur region but i dowgraded 3.03 using a usa 1.5 ebbot and mine is uk so up 2 u