1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by iwannano, Jan 27, 2007.

1. iwannano

iwannano Member

my psp is version 3.03 and i want to be able to use homebrew games. is there a website where i can download another version to my psp so i can use homebrew games but still have the features of the 3.03

2. cossitt

cossitt Member

sorry man, but your screwed. What you would need to do is downgrade your PSP then upgrade it to the custom firmwear made by dark_aleX (i think.) and right now there are now downgraders for 3.03. I believe that another downgrader is going to be released sometime soon though, but im not sure if it is for fw 3.03 .

ps: if you find a downgrader for your frimwear, be careful, it might not actually be and it could fusk up your PSP real bad...never work again bad! so you should ask someone smart if the downgrader is legit befor trying, unless you would find it amusing playing with a brick

if you have anymore questions ask, i might be able to help, but im definately not the sharpest tool in the shed around here...

good day to you sir

3. iwannano

iwannano Member

i was thinking of selling my psp and buying a 1.5. i also found a site psphacks.com where i would use to upgrade. are the hacks on this site legit? if so which is the best hack to download?

4. cossitt

cossitt Member

when you said "which is the best hack to download?" do you mean what fw to put on your psp? like 2.71 with dev hook, or the custom firmwear? and about psphacks.com, im not sure about it, but i think its ok...im kinda new to the whole PSP crazy shit too, i just got mine about a month ago, good ol santa clause... :-D

5. iwannano

iwannano Member

i dont really care if its a custom or other ones i just wanna no wats the 1 that will have the best features while letting me use homebrew games and any psp umd that i want.

6. cossitt

cossitt Member

before i say anything else, i would like to tell you that just about everything i know about PSP's, i learned from BlkMagic1, he is sweet. He helped me make my PSP sweet, therefore, he is sweet.

anyway...back to your question
    what exactly do you want to be able to do with your PSP? play iso s, this that??,tell me!

edit: im not sure if a homebrew game is an iso file...sorry for my stuborn ness

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  7. iwannano

iwannano Member

im not even sure wat a psp is fully capable of but what i no i want to do is
    1.play homebrews
    2.play any umd ( i just got my psp a month ago but my cousin got his when it first came out and i remeber that when he had a low version he had to upgrade to play certain games like liberty city stories. dont no if things are still like this but i dont want to have to upgrade everytime i want to play a umd. i want to be able to play my homebrew and any umd game without switching the version back and foward)
    3.I just want any other kickass features the psp can offer

dumb me when i got this psp it was 1.5 when i got it but i had to upgrade

8. cossitt

cossitt Member

well, like i said, i don,t know much more than you do. But right now i have custom frimware 3.02 oe-a (not sure if thats its exact name.) there are more upgrades out for it too, they actually go up to 3.03 oe-b - maybe c, not positive on that either. that doesnt matter tight now though. anyway, it has all of the features that your psp has right now, and more. aside from UMDs, you can play plays station 1 games by putting them onto your memory stick, you can also play PSP games with your ms too- you can download them as torrents...i mean, no, that is bad...(wink wink nudge nudge...) you but if you have 2.71 with dev hook, you can store games on your computer and play them with a usb cable with out actually putting them onto your ms, where with the custom firmware you have to put it onto your memory stick.
    ummm...lets see...
    annnd you can use your PSP as a universal remote...not sure what frimware is needed for that though, i am actually trying to find out though, when i find out ill tell you if your interested.

9. iwannano

iwannano Member

thanx for the help now all i have to do is sell my psp.

ps. i would like to no about the remote

10. cossitt

cossitt Member

your welcome, but before you sell it, you should find a thread where they are talking about new downgraders or frimware ore something, just in case you dont need to sell your psp.

ps. i stumbled upon a thread earlier and i dont know if this is true, but a new downgrader is supposed to be comming out in about a week or something, not sure what fw its for, ask around a bit...

11. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Don't sell it, noobz reckon they will have a downgrader by next week.

They have already run Hello world on a 3.03

12. iwannano

iwannano Member

how do u no where do u guys here this from

13. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

14. gzach

gzach Regular member

qj.net, www.psp-hacks.com
    yeah dont sell, noobz said they would release a 3.03 downgrader by next week

15. iwannano

iwannano Member

just 1 more question i have liberty city stories and in my psp main menu it says update to version 2.00 since i have 3.03 will this brick my psp

16. imadudeok

imadudeok Regular member

17. iwannano

iwannano Member

so no it will not brick my psp is that wat you are saying? so i can go ahead and use it to downgrade from 3.03? if so after i do that can i downgrade the 2.00 to 1.5?

18. cossitt

cossitt Member

i dont think anything will happen at all...

19. Abyss88

Abyss88 Guest

you got it all wrong buddy, you it wont let you update because you have a higher firmware. You have 3.03 the game needs 2.00. You dont need it cause its higher.This is only for people who are under 2.00 and need to update to play the game.