1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Flash0

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Fran989, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Fran989

Fran989 Member

This maybe a noob question, although i am not one i have flashed, re flashed, recovered, customized XMBs ect but i have to have this cleared up: because i have 2 psp(referred to as psp1 and psp2) both ok, and in the same firmware,NOW this is what i did, i backed up both flash0 for both since i customize them manually instead of Xflash, once psp1 wouldn't start so i decide to experiment would the flash of psp2 fit psp1, i deleted flash0 of the first and inserted the psp2 flash0 back up (i know totally crazy i could have bricked majorly) but it didnt work i restarted entered the recover menu which for some reason still worked(since its in the flash0)and insterted flash0 of psp1 IN psp1 and worked. THE QUESTION IS ARE PSP FLASH0 UNIVERSALS FOR ALL PSPs OF THE THE SAME FW OR NOT? IF SO SOMEBODY SHOULD UPLOAD THE FLASH0 OF SOME BASIC FW SO OTHERS CAN ACCESS THERE FLASH0 AND HAVE THE OPCIONS TO RECOVER

PS if anyone was curious to what i was doing to psp1 to semi brick, i was changing the network update to reboot.

2. LAMPRO

LAMPRO Regular member

flash0 has 25mb - 23.5mb diskspace.

im thinkin that although all flash0's are the same, each has a file in it or whatever that contains the unique id of that particular psp. swapping flash0's? im not sure about that. doesnt sound smart.

then again, when you have to update fws, the flash0 does get formatted, depending on what your updating- man i dont know- but i wouldnt be doin the swappin flash0's/

imo.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. Fran989

Fran989 Member

yeah because i DELETED the drive as in 0 folders and recovery still worked when i had pased psp2 files, it just did'nt load xmb. Leading me to belive that there are some files that are universal but others are not.

4. guano

guano Regular member

They are NOT universal. But 'tis too late, yea?

5. Fran989

Fran989 Member

swaped them back, just in case there both ok neither is bricked, PSP1 flash only works with its PSP flash0, but recovery menu works with either, besides some files are universal i could have topmenu_plugin.rco in either or between psp of THE SAME FW and the icons will be the same either way, some files are unique to each psp though, i just need to know which, that way we'll know which not to touch if you flash psp manually like i do.

the way recovery worked with either psp flash0 shows that it is universal, it is said it lies in PSP's flash0/kd. i think i'll stop flashing my psp for now its ok and it has a few back ups for a just in case, that does'nt mean i'll stop, for you see i like the ability to get in and mess with it(customize)manually.

if any one can shed any light in this please do so, for i read this guy upgraded to FW 3.10oe a but didnt have the ability to customize fo he just got his 3.03oe c back up and flashed it manually and now runs a type of 3.03&3.10oe hybrid although i do not know the exact details or truthfulness of this story

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007