1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp flashing

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by umuntu, Nov 30, 2007.

1. umuntu

umuntu Member

i need help with my psp...i flashed/bricked my psp with pandora n i cant boot from a normal battery and memory tick except the pandora battery and memory stick. pliz help it only boots to the pandora recovery menu...help!!!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have the PSP plugged into the AC Adapter?

If so unplug it from the AC Adapter and take out the battery. Now place the normal Battery back inside the PSP and normal memory Stick.

It should now boot normal. If it doesn't then explain in more detail what it actually does do when trying to boot it.

3. umuntu

umuntu Member

i tried that and it still wont work...wen i try start up with AC power it just stays dead. wen i try with a normal battery n memmory stick it still stays dead...wen i start it with the pandora battery and stick i created it boot to this...

"pandora's battery recover menu
    pandora's battery authors:

press x to dowgrade using ms0:/update.pbp
    press O to backup nand to ms0:nand_dump.bin
    press [] to restore nand from ms0:/nand-dump.bin..."

i have already done the downgrading and it was successfull...i tried the [] option and it successfully restored. dont know wat to do anymore...

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try putting in the normal Battery and Memory Stick and turn on the PSP. Give it a few and then try pressing the brightness button see if the XMB will come up.

5. umuntu

umuntu Member

by the way wat is an XMB? and i have tried putting in a normal battery and memory stick but nothing happens. it just stays off...any other ideas of wat i can do?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you place the battery and memory stick in and turn it on then press the brightness button to see if the back light will light up?

There have been cases of members having that issue and pressing the brightness button brought up the XMB (PSP Main Menu)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  7. Ganon007

Ganon007 Regular member

Yes larrylje is right. When i downgraded i got scared because the screen stayed black but i rememberd about the brightness button, so i pressed it and the main menu came up. If it dosent work you might have semi-bricked your PSP but that wont be a prob because you have the pandora! Lucky you. ;)

8. umuntu

umuntu Member

i'll try it...if i have semi bricked my psp like Ganon007 what do i do next?