1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP freezing and not loading some iso's

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hdfreek, Jun 28, 2007.

1. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Hello, I'm new to the psp scene, so forgive me if this has already been addressed. I bought 2 psp's this month, they came with fw 2.71 and the ta-82 MB. I downgraded and upgraded to the 3.40 OE-A fw on both. One is doing fine, plays all my games, but the other one is having problems. It will play some games, but others it won't. Sometimes when I exit a game it just shuts down instead of going to the XMB. I have loaded the same games on 2 memory sticks and tried both sticks in both psp's and one game will not play from either stick on the bad psp, but both games will play play on the good one. I used the same files when modding both psp's. Could I have a bad psp, or could this be fixed?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  2. malinki

malinki Regular member

It could be the OE firmware, there have been reports of certain instabilities with OE.

First - restore default settings, if that makes no difference delete "config.se" from flash1

3. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Thanks, I will try that when I get home and see if it helps. I was thinking about returning it to 1.5 and reloading the OE fw. It is my girlfriends and of course she is giving me hell saying that I messed up her psp because I did hers first, even though I used the exact same files and used the same procedure. What is really bad is the fact that one of the games she was most wanting to play works on mine but not on hers, and she is pissed.

4. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Well I tried the restore default settings in the XMB and looked for the config.se file but couldn't find it to delete it, where is it located? I searched the memory stick in windows and it wasn't there. Any other suggestions?

5. malinki

malinki Regular member

yes, you need to enter recovery menu by holding R trigger at coldboot, then choose advanced and toggle usb flash 1. Config.se will just appear then

6. aplus15

aplus15 Member

Hello all....

This is my first time writing a thread on any website and I'm real new to this whole hooking up my psp thing....shows you how clueless I am right now when it comes to this. So here's the problem:
    I successfully installed 3.03oe-c on my psp. My UMD's GTA: LCS and MLB The Show 07 load and play fine but I just put an ISO into the ISO folder (as all the threads have said) and try loading it. Here's where the problem starts: During the loading process a black screen comes on and stays until I have to quit th game using the select button. WHAT DO I DO????
    Is it a bad firmare? Bad ISO download?
    I have NO UMD on disabled
    I have the speed at 266
    I'm reading threads on restoring factory settings and deleting "config.se" from flash1...
    Or is it just better to downgrade again to 1.5 and get devhook1...
    Please someone help
    [ + quote]

7. malinki

malinki Regular member

probably bad iso dump, re-dump from your own legally own umd and you'll be fine

8. hdfreek

hdfreek Member

Thanks alot, I deleted the config.se file and so far so good. I have only tried one of the games that wouldn't work so far, but I bet this resolved the problem. Do you have any idea what would cause this and how to prevent it from happening again?