1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP FREEZING

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by pianoboi, Jul 11, 2007.

1. pianoboi

pianoboi Member

My psp has been running GREAT for months... running DAX 3.40 OE with a 4 gig memory stick... Starting 2 days ago it just freezes.. whether it is playing an ISO or a UMD or just scrolling through the menus...I can leave it off for a bit and it will be just fine for a little bit.. then it suddenly freezes again. I tried putting in another memory stick and it still freezes... I am SERIOUSLY starting to pull my hair out... Anyone got any suggestions??

2. letsmod

letsmod Guest

go back to an official firmware and see if the problem is still there, if it is and your under warranty get it repaired by sony

3. pianoboi

pianoboi Member

I cannot even get it to stay unfrozen long enough to Update it to a newer OFFICIAL firmware.... I have downloaded sony 3.50.. I put the eboot into psp/game/update folder... but it wouldnt load the eboot... gave me an error and stopped... Some PLEASE tell me another course of action.. I really dont want to have to go purchase ANOTHER unit.

4. letsmod

letsmod Guest

send it to me, I can fix it

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

6. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

what motherboard does your PSP have? if its a TA-82 or above and you downgrade you cant go above 3.30+

its because Sony put ID tags in the new mobos so you wouldnt upgrade anymore(sorta like a punishment for downgrading ;))so you can only go below 3.30 official sony firmware

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  7. pianoboi

pianoboi Member

BLACKVAMP.... thanks for the link.. unfortuately... about 60 seconds into the file transfer my PSP froze up again... Im almost thinking it is time to retire this Unit...

8. letsmod

letsmod Guest

with a ta-82 and 86 you CAN too go above 3.30, I have done it several times, you just need to know how.

I can unbrcika dn correct that psp for you ***removed***

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2007
  9. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Yes you can, and it doesn't require any external mods. Google Chilly Will's key cleaner.

@letsmod, please don't advertise on this forum.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

What do you mean by file transfer?
    I haven't used that recovery winstaller, but, I thought you just had to connect your psp to the pc and run it from your PC. (Read the readme though, I can't test it because I'm at work).

Edit:
    Got a guide here from Peainapod:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531037#3213653

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  11. pianoboi

pianoboi Member

The WINinstaller wants to install an eboote to your memory stick.... Im serious.. the psp will not go unfrozen long enough to even allow that to happen... I just purchased a refurbished psp from GameSpot... it has the older MOBO... I have already upgraded to 3.50 and downgraded to 1.5 and then back up to 3.40 OE on the New one... but I still have this crapped out one on my hands... I really dont think it is the firmware... there is something wrong with the unit itself..No matter what you do on the unit.. it freezes after just a few minutes.

12. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

letsmod

no advertising or posting e-mails here please. i have given you a 2-day ban -- please read the rules when you come back.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

'letsmod' has been returned to eBay as 'faulty, bricked'

(due to loads more advertising)