1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP FW 2.01 downgrade to 1.50 TA-081

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by richin95, Feb 1, 2007.

1. richin95

richin95 Member

While downgrading a TA-081 from 2.01 to 1.50, can my psp brick.
    i know i sound like a noob but still i want to confirm myself of bricking. I read on wikipedia (click here for the article, scroll to motherboards) that sony introduced ta 082 which can brick. Does that mean that ta 081 cant brick?

And if you cannot brick it then please give me a detailed guide how to downgrade 2.01 to 1.50. Is this guide correct?

Thanks a lot for the help

2. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

Any downgrader can brick if you do not follow the instructions. But the chances of it if you've followed everything properly are like 1 in a million.

As I've only used the 2.71 downgraders I'd recommend ugprading to the official 2.71 then downgrade using one of the 2.71 downgraders.

There are downgraders specially made for TA-82 users, and the normal downgraders should not be used on them (hence the bricking). You should be fine with the standard downgraders for your TA-81.