1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp game ISO's (Ingame vid's are choppy)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by straker85, Apr 25, 2007.

1. straker85

straker85 Member

Ok, so I recently got my psp upgraded to 3.02 OE-B by a friend so I could play homebrews and such but when I load some games, the ingame video's are EXTREMELY choppy. The 2 I've noticed that were hardcore choppy were Prince of Persia: Rival Swords and Ace Combat Skies Of Deception.

Whenever there is some sort of ingame cinematic, the video's framerate drops to like...2 fps, so that its unwatchable, the audio also lags and pauses so its like captain kirk from hell. You can't watch/listen to the videos at all.

Is there something I should be doing to get them to work normally or is that just a side effect of them being run from the memory card?

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

runnning off memory card is not a side-effect, i played Ace combat using DEVHOOK and it ran full speed. try upgrading to 3.03 oe-c, or something higher, idk why u are runnig 3.02 still. there's also 3.10, 3.30 and 3.40 oe's. if that doesn't work then prolly the ISOs are bad

3. straker85

straker85 Member

Well, I ended up with 3.02 cause a friend said he could do it for free fairly quickly :p I'll look into upgrading it a bit so the vids aren't messed up. The games play fantastically, minus the cinematics. *frowns* Guess I'll look around for good guides on how to upgrade it to a newer version by myself, hopefully without bricking my psp.

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

there is a sticky for 3.40 oe that has links to an easy installer and the winstaller thread sticky has 3.03 oe-c and 3.10 oe-a easy installers

5. straker85

straker85 Member

Hrm, just upgraded it to 3.40 OE-A and the opening cinematic for PoP is choppy. I've got Ace combat skies of deception, its videos used to be choppy aswell, I guess I'll give that a shot and see if maybe its just the PoP

6. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

you should get 3.03OE-C

much better for POPS and works with other plugins that wernt updated for 3.40OE

im now using 3.03OE-C again and all works fine with no problems

i use MP3PRX plugin and play game CSO's wile listenin to music and all runs fine

also you could try changin clock speed in recovery menu

333MHz on both menu and game

7. straker85

straker85 Member

Yeah I did change the speed to 333 on both parts, and while it did increase the video speed slightly for PoP, it was still choppy, but at least it was....watchable *sigh*

8. RiPPERD

RiPPERD Guest

sounds to me linke u either got a slow or dyin memory stick...

try another 1 and try get hold of high speed card

9. straker85

straker85 Member

Any chance you could give me an example of a "faster" memory card? Links on newegg would be sufficiant so I know which models you're talking about. atm I've got a 4gb Sandisk I believe.

10. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Format your card to FAT should solve the choppiness for you.

From windows, go to run, type in cmd

in the DOS prompt, type in following

format E:/ FS:FAT
    e:/ is your ms drive.

When prompt, say yes.

11. sporry

sporry Guest

If you think your iso is bad download it again.
    I have prince of persia running on 3.30 oe and works perfect.

you can download my iso at xxx:xxxx.xx ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Whao, take out the link buddy. Not allowed here.