1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP games wont start

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Waymon3X6, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Hello, the problem that I am experiancing is that 1 day ago, the outside of the umd cracked, and so I glued it back togeather, and now it wont play. Other games play though, so it must be thios game. All help is appreciated!

2. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

yer its kinda obvious really :p with the plastic cracked i dont think its going to work, if your running a custom firmware. id download a backup of the game, as you already own it your not doing anything illegal :)

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Thanks for the reply, and I got it to work, but now the loading time is sooooooooooooo long. Also, this is my friends game... But do you think it would be a good idea to go to blockbuster or something, rent the same game, and then just return the broken one in the case? -Something that my friend has done before. Thanks

4. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

ummm its a good idea yer, but theyll have your address etc @ blockbuster and they wont know you switched them but they would assume tht you broke it :S its risky but its upto you

5. mknapper1

mknapper1 Member

as long as you can't notice the glue on the umd they will just think that the game must be badly scratched or something

6. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

yeah, the glue is hardly noticable, unless you looke real hard. Also, I heard somewhere that if you completly take the clear plastic (the casing) part off of the umd, then it will work. Is this true?

7. paul91

paul91 Regular member

what u mean taking off the plastic case and just putting the disc in the PSP? absolutely not! that is a sure fire way to break the innards of your PSP :p

8. mknapper1

mknapper1 Member

what i think he means is that he is just taking off the clear plastic part that is on the actual disk part... which i guess could possible work but im not daring enough to try it

9. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

^^ Yeah thats what I meant... But the game works now... But it is super slow loading up, but then it goes fine, and then it freezes...