1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP HARD DRIVE MOD

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by johndknp, Aug 3, 2007.

1. johndknp

johndknp Member

Hi, Ive been wondering about the 4GB hard drive that Ive seen at Hastings for the PSP. Its an actual 'moving parts' hard drive instead of flash memory, but its kinda rediculous since flash memory is cheaper, smaller, and the same size (or bigger now). Ive been unable to find anywhere on the net about modding one. I cant afford to buy one just to most likely break it. My idea is to replace the hard drive with a 30/80 gig from an ipod/zune, etc. If the interface is compatable and it would recongnize the extra space wouldnt it be awesome???

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the psp can barely handle 8 gbs. its gonna be a while before 16, and even longer before 30/80.
    besides, 4 gb is enough for most people. i only got 2 1gig and 1 2 gig sticks and im fine with that.

3. johndknp

johndknp Member

so the softare/firmware wouldnt be able to deal with anything above 8 gigs?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It's a very interesting thought. It is definitely technically feasible.

I suspect even if you got the hardware working right, you will still need some sort of application

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

they made a 4 gig hard drive for it. it popped out of the battery slot and the memry stick side. thats the one you saw i think. but youre right it was 300 $ last time i checked and memry is smaler and cheapr. Im sure they can make a 16 gig fit into that if they can make 4gig stick into a memry stick.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007