1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP help needed please! Screen shuts off after 2 seconds

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by qwertyaas, Oct 16, 2007.

1. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Member

After successfully downgrading to 1.50, my PSP reboots and allows me to reconfigure the settings. Although now, whenever I turn on my PSP, I go to the menu screen, see it for 1 second then the screen turns off but I am able to hear the clicking when I move around the menu. Does anyone know what this is from? Could it be the PSP bricked?...

2. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Member

Err I feel quite stupid. It was just the brightness button...

3. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

no its not bricked. I got scared when that happened to me, even on the 4th time it happened. Haha, just wait a bit. Take out your battery. Put it back in. Wait, and power back on. It's scary but i bet you already got it working already by now. Let me know.
    >>Haha, thats funny. The same exact thing happened to me but the brightness button never fixed it. I'm glad it's working.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Member

I tried the battery, power on and off time and time again. After searching, I saw people say try the brightness button, and that was it... Haha.

5. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I thought i had bricked my mates PSP when doing that once, got me scared lol!