1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp help on repair not switching on + does the psp have onboard fuses like ps2 ????

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by justw, Mar 12, 2007.

1. justw

justw Member

Help , got a couple of psp's that are broken , problem with one of them , is that the green light comes on , but no screen or sound , tried replacing the little board just near the yellow power ,no joy , still the same.

2nd psp , if you put in a battery thats charged it works a treat , but if you plug any power into it , it does not charge or play , once again tried replacing the little board just near the yellow power ,no joy , still the same.

Does the psp , have fuses on the board just like the sony ps2 ? as i'm thinking it maybe a faulty fuse on the board , anyone shed some light on the two problems....

2. hodgins91

hodgins91 Regular member

well the first one sounbds liek a brick to me and no there are no fuses :)

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

My PSP does the same can any1 tell me what a brick is and how to stop it because i think mine has it but it doesn't switch on at all not even a green light its as if it has no battery or something and when i charge and the orange light goes on its goes off in another 5 minutes and when i play when its charges its stays on for about a minute. SOMEONE HELP ME

4. justw

justw Member

I was told by someone on another forum , if the machine is not charging etc , its either a dodgey battery , or on some revisions of the bios , you need to turn the WLAN off , as it will not charge for some reason ? try turning that off , or buying a new battery.