1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pSp homebrew games and ISO;s

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by sinarades, Feb 8, 2007.

1. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

can psp homebrew games that people make for the psp like snakesp for the psp brick or harm my psp or memorystick? and can ISO's brick or harm my psp or memorystick?

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

As far as i know ISO's can't. As for homebrew it can easily brick your PSP, but that can be avoided with some simple steps:

1) Always get your 'brew from a reputable source, qj.net and psp-hacks.com are the only two i ever use, not only do they have a great selection but all their stuff is clean.

2) Readme's are called readme's for a reason. If you dont follow instructions or warnings in the readme files your just asking for trouble.

3) If all else fails ask on a forum if anyone else has had the brew in question working. If they have, then your golden, if they say its a virus, dont bother :p

Fortunatley viruses in hombrew arnt that common, its more common in downgraders.

3. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

like i told you before again and again and AGAIN, homebrew/isos/games can ONLY brick if it writes/reads/access to flash

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. pspgamer8

pspgamer8 Member

is there any way to get a homebrew game for a psp with version 3.03

5. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

The open edition or sony official release?

If you mean oe, yes.

If you mean the sony you need to downgrade first, i would link you to a page but you obviously haven't searched the forums or google very much/at all or you'd know this.