1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Imports

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Ecks224, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

Hi i just got my PSP and i would like to know do i have to have the system like modded or anything to play imported games

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

No. PSP games are region free.

3. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

ok thx cause i wanted to get some Gundam and Bleach games thats why i wanted to know thx

4. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Psps r not region free...are they. If so why is there an option in recovery mode to have fake region (changing it to japan, europe, america and australia)

5. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

well so far i went on play-asia.com and the games i want to get says No Region Protection does that mean i dont have to up/downgrade my PSP

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Psp GAMES are region free. Umd MOVIES aren't. Free region/fake region options in recovery are used to play movies of a different region.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

If you just wanna play with UMD, you don't need to do anything. You can play a say Japanese umd on your North American psp with no problem.

8. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

oh ok thx for the help ill be sure to keep all this small info into my mind ^_^

9. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

oh um im just woundering how risky is it to downgrade a PSP anyways cause a friend of mine sent me some PSP ISO and CSO files

10. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

very "unrisky", if thats the right word. The only way you will brick is if you do not read the intructions therefore putting the files in the wrong place.

11. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Your the only one who can screw it up, so just follow all the directions. And make sure you have it 100% charged battery and never shut your PSP off or take the memory stick out or anything stupid like that. If it freezes of doesn't do anything, you did something wrong most likely.

12. Ecks224

Ecks224 Member

well my firmware is 3.30 but what site do i visit to degrade this version anyways?

13. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest