1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp Iso Cso

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by ronin876, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ronin876

ronin876 Member

I know this question has been asked probably a thousand times but please bear with me. I just bought a PSP with 3.71 Firmware. DO i have to put custom firmware in order to play isos off a memory stick?
    If so what firmware do i have to put and how do i do that. Please forgive me i dont know anything about psps or their firmware.
    Thanks in Advance

2. Valisk

Valisk Guest

no you dont
    and dont worry about askin repeat questions, everyone does. But people come in at diff times.
    anyway put the CSO file into your ISO file on your PSP. JUst drag and drop.
    when you turn on your PSP and go to the mem stick (not the saved data utility) you should see the icon/description of your game.
    If you hit it and it doesnt play, google fast loader, download it and follow the instructions.
    If you have any more problems, let me know and ill try to help.

3. Valisk

Valisk Guest

i read over my reply again and realized it all didnt make sense.
    You do need a custom firmware, you you dont need to worry about repeat question.
    go here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/616311
    this guy gives you the custom firmware you need and DETAILED instuctions on what to do. When you done you can delet it all!!

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

First of all, you have to downgrade your PSP with the use of a Pandora Battery, then you can follow the guide that Valisk linked to.

5. ronin876

ronin876 Member

Thanks for the reply. Pandora Battery? Isnt there anyway without it?
    I only have one battery and am not good at opening stuuf and modifying them (judging by all the stuff ive messed up before ;(

6. psp_naab

psp_naab Regular member

softmod it. you need someone with custom firmware or 1.50

7. ronin876

ronin876 Member

I have a friend who i think has custom firmware (he can play games off his memory card) if so how do i softmod it? do i need a psp link or what?

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Look at the stickied threads for Pandora Battery/UPMS for Custom Firmware and it should tell you (and give you) everything you need.