1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp ISO help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by avigomw, Feb 20, 2007.

1. avigomw

avigomw Member

I know this is the 4 millionth post you guys have answered on this subject, but I am still having problems making any .ISO files run.
    Using USB_SSS I have made a backup file of HotShotsGolf on my pc. I then have used WinISO (as well as UMD GEN) to turn these files into an .ISO. I put them in the root directory in the ISO file and when I go back into the xmb and try to start them game, it doesn't say corrupted data and it shows the actual picture of the game in the xmb, but if I press start, it will say "the game cannot be started, followed by a code error or it will just go to a black screen and restart the psp after about 5 seconds.

Also, when I download the demo ISO files from one of this forums threads, none of them will start either.

I have read so many posts trying to fix this problem and followed them to the best of my knowledge trying to avoid asking a repeat question.

Im running version 3.10 oe-a

Thank you in advance for your help

2. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

You dont need to put it thru these programs. Download 3.03 OE-C and I can tell you how to do it from there its dead easy

3. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

Or, just put a UMD game in the drive! Anyone will do but it has to be a game. Let me know how you get on

4. avigomw

avigomw Member

The UMD in the drive isn't making it work either.

If I'm on 3.10 oe_a what are the steps to getting it back down to 3.03 oe_a?

5. avigomw

avigomw Member

Does anybody have any steps for correcting this problem in 3.10 oe_a w/o having to downgrade?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

6. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

To be honest, I couldn't tell you. I think you can just delete it from your psp. If you manage to do this, let me know and il give you the link so you can download 3.03OE-C, once you have this it's no problem, trust me!

7. avigomw

avigomw Member

After you told me to downgrade the first time, I googled it and found several forum posts of people w/ the same problem where they were told to downgrade and after doing so still ended up with the same problem.

I didn't enjoy putting 3.10 oe_a on my psp and I'm gonna try to avoid changing it at all costs.

Kinda stuck here :(

Waiting for more responses.

8. SEANO69

SEANO69 Member

This is something else I did on mine:

Turn the psp fully off holding the switch for a few seconds

When you boot back up hold R

go to configuration, and change the kernal from 3.03 to 1.5

restart your psp

not sure if it will work on urs, but with doing this and putting the umd in, mine worked. Also try playing around with umd disabled and enabled.