1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP keep asking "Do you want to quit game?"

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lochness9, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lochness9

lochness9 Member

Hello,

I recently installed CFW M33 3.90 on my slim PSP.
    Everything is working so far, other than, while playing game (ISO or UMD), it keep asking "Do you want to quit game?" randomly.
    I didn't hit the Home button. Some game, the left button AND the X button press at the same time will trigger the problem.
    Other games, sometime the analog control would trigger the problem.
    Upgrade to 4.01 M33 doesn't help either.
    The Home button doesn't seem to be broken, because I can play music, photo, or videos are fine. I even install my PSP as a joystick,no problem here when using it as a joystick for my PC game.
    I don't think the UMD is broken, as this issue surface right after I install CFW 3.90.

Any ideas how I can get around this issue?

Thanks

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. cb0635

cb0635 Guest

have you dropped your psp recently? is there any dirt around the edge of the button?

4. xingh2o

xingh2o Member

I Do have the same issue too. Hopefully someone can help to solve this.

5. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

as cb0635 said it could likely be dirt around the home button just open the face plate up and clean it (note warrenty void)

or a similar problem i had was the umd drive being loose.

to check this just dont press anything and just shake the console hard and see if it pops up or take a umd out run a iso on one of the drives and see if it pops up.

if not then its dirt if it does then it could be the umd drive (just needs tightening

6. xingh2o

xingh2o Member