1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP: LCD, Mother board, or both problem?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by SneakyCat, Jun 16, 2011.

1. SneakyCat

SneakyCat Member

Hi, so I was a noob trying to change the housing of my psp 1000. When putting it back together I sort of bent one of the strips of the LCD that goes in the motherboard, and I broke the door that holds that strip.
    Here are some pictures about the parts I'm talking about(sorry poor quality):
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/hni0047.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/hni0048u.jpg/

What I want to know is, will that bend affect the functionality of the LCD?
    If the LCD didn't have a bend, but the motherboard doesn't have the door to hold it in place, would that affect the LCD not showing an image?

Would I need a new mother board, LCD, or both?

2. Gray626

Gray626 Regular member

While it's opened up, put the lcd ribbons in place like normal and plug the psp in to power it up. If it works fine then get a small piece of electrical tape to hold the smaller ribbon cable in place.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  3. SneakyCat

SneakyCat Member

Th LCD doesn't work. So if I buy a new one, and just tape it with electrical tape it should be fine?

4. Gray626

Gray626 Regular member

It should be, but before you do that try applying a little gentle pressure on that ribbon cable with a small object so the metal leads are making contact while its in the slot where the lock was and see if it works. If you still can't get it to work then I would say yes, anew lcd is needed. Also, if you still have the lock, try putting it back in place with the cable in the slot while holding it down and try it.

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

As far as I know this strip is for the backlight, but I am not totally sure, has been a while since I messed with a PSP 1000. That little door you are referring to just holds the ribbon in plase and maybe adds some extra pressure, so theoretically it should work when you just plug the ribbon in and use some scotch tape to keep it in place.

6. SneakyCat

SneakyCat Member

Thanks for the help guys!

7. boccy

boccy Member

you can change a new lcd screen via Eachgame