1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Lcd Repair - Please Help Me

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by uji2b1k, May 2, 2007.

1. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

I have a psp and the screen got cracked. I was wondering , I was planning to buy a psp lcd screen from ebay , my question was , do I need to buy the back light or is that a waste of money ? Also , is it really that hard to do , I've seen videos on youtube and it seems really easy , I'm not a stupid person and I know what I am doing , I work with computers often so I'm not a stupid psp person. Thanks

2. XXSmall

XXSmall Member

If your backlight is still working, then you won't need the ones with the backlight installed already. LCD installation is very simple, just follow the guides online.

3. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

whoa, attaching back light to the screen is not as easy as it sounds. look for one with backlight attached to make your life much easier. (they dont cost that much). When attaching the lcd, just make sure that you handle the cable connector gently.

4. uji2b1k

uji2b1k Regular member

I ended up opening my PSP and I just purchased a screen from Ebay. The screen cost me $45.35 including insurance. The One I purchased came with a backlight. Thanks for all your help. I can't wait for the screen to come. When I install it, I'll be sure to give you guys a heads up and tell you what happens.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  5. mikelpsp

mikelpsp Guest

I have done this repair on my PSP I replace the LCD screen along with the backlight. Now when I power on my PSP it's very dim, I double checked the connections but still no diceā€¦ any advice is appreciated thanks in advance

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Sounds like your backlight isn't working. I would contact the seller see to it you get a exchange/refund.

7. XXSmall

XXSmall Member

Agree w/ blackvamp, your problem should be the backlight, not connections.

8. ndsl4me

ndsl4me Guest

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member