1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Main/Headphone Sound Got Switched PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by JimSprink, Jun 11, 2007.

1. JimSprink

JimSprink Member

Hello,
    Here's a story I hope you can help with.

My PSP has Sony Firmware 3.10 on it.
    I bought a new PSP from walmart, which had 2.71 on it.
    I upgraded the new PSP to 2.80
    I downgraded the new PSP to 1.50, and upgraded to Dark Alex's 3.40 OE
    I disassembled both PSP's, and swapped out their mother boards.(I used a heat gun, so I was able to keep both warrenty stickers intact)

I put each PSP back together.

After swapping the motherboard out of the new PSP, my old PSP has a problem with its sound. When there are headphones plugged into the audio port, I can hear sound out of the PSP Speakers. However, when I unplug the headphones, the PSP treats it as when headphones are normally plugged in. Some how, they got switched up!

My plan is to return the New PSP back to walmart, fully functional, and keep my old PSP, just with a Homebrew capable Firmware.

Any help, or solution to this problem?

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

just swap the serial number stickers(one on the bottom of psp and one above the warrenty sticker) about. then you should have a homebrew enabled psp with working speakers and old serial numbers on which you can keep.
    and the old one that dont enable homebrew and has messed up speakers can be taken back to walmart. just tell them the speakers arent working properly and you want your money back as youv seen them cheaper elsewhere. sould work.

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you did alot of un-necessary steps, should have just swapped the serial stuff around, assuming that they would have even checked that...

return one of them, get another, (defective exchange) and then wait a couple days, and take it back, giving some BS excuse.

4. JimSprink

JimSprink Member

Yeah, I look back now and that was alot of needless steps.
    Anyways, I pieced back together the new one, boxed it back up, looks like it had never been opened. I'm going to return it to walmart, say it was a gift that i already have, and get the money. Then I'm going to go to a different walmart, buy a new PSP, and swap the stickers.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Does the sticker come off easily? Are there any tips/tricks? Maybe I should give it go as well...

6. norbie74

norbie74 Guest

7. norbie74

norbie74 Guest

You have to switch the card reader also to fix your problem. The motherboard of the psp and its card reader are paired together to work properly. Hope this work for you

8. JimSprink

JimSprink Member

Well, Here's the final (nearly) edition to my story.

Norbie, you were right on the money, though I figured this out before reading your reply. But I appreciate the response.

Well, Ill tell the events from the beggining.

I had an old PSP, FW 3.10
    Bought a new PSP from Wal-Mart ~$180
    Swapped MoBo's, didn't work.
    Broke video connecter on new PSP putting them back together.(SH!T)lol
    Returned new PSP to Wal-Mart, told lady it was unused...Got $180
    Went to different Wal-Mart, bought new PSP ~$180
    Swapped MoBo's and Sound/MemCard reader.
    Put PSP's back together, new one had Power on,but no sound, no vid
    My PSP(old one) works Great, now running 3.40 OE

It's been two days since I bought the last PSP, going to return it as defective product.

And so will end the adventure. Oh, and the reason I didnt just swap out the serial stickers was becuase My PSP has a lot of scratches on the UMD door, and when I returned the first one, the lady inspected it like a hawk. so I'm not taking any chances there!

Anyways, now I have a Homebrew PSP, someone who buys the first PSP (assuming Wal-Mart doesn't check it) will return it as defective, and returned to Sony, along with the one I'm returning tomorrow.

And hey, If anyone else has ever returned a defective product to Wal-Mart with a receit, do they check ID, or anything? When I returned the first one, all I had to do was sign for the cash back (fake sig), but that was returned 'new'.