1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp modding

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pudge, Nov 30, 2007.

1. pudge

pudge Regular member

ok so i've been looking around on how to mod a psp and was going to go buy one from futureshop or bestbuy tomorrow but i have a few questions:

1)i was going to pick up the original black psp for $159 but does it matter which psp i pick up

2)i was going to pick up the 4gig memory so does that mean i can hold more games like 4-8 games?

3)will the mod void any warranty i have with the store?

4)i need help with what i have to do to mod it. I want to be able to play games from the memory stick and play emulator games.

thanks for you time

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

1) No. Well there's the Fat PSP (black) and the Slim PSP. If you want real hacking you should buy the Fat although the Slim is nicer and has TV-Out input but since you want all emulators then get the Fat PSP (the Fat PSP is the one you mentionned in number 1).

2) A 4GB can take about 6-10 games.

3) No, the only thing that can happen is a brick. If you send it to Sony with a bricked PSP because of CFW or hacking, then your warranty is voided. But you can unbrick without sending it to Sony. I can tell you how but this isn't the point now.

4) OK, we'll help you but it depends what FW you get when you buy it. Make a new thread about your firmware and how to get to CFW once you get the info, I'll be glad to help you along with the other loyal AfterDawn members.

Welcome to the PSP scene!

3. pudge

pudge Regular member

well im just worried that my final cost might be a bit high, i read somewhere about you have to use Pandora and get an extra battery?

if i do what else do i need that doesn't come in the box from the store.

and the psp i believe for $149 is the slim but i guess you right lol http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?logon=&langid=EN&catid=22438

thanks for the reply

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  5. pudge

pudge Regular member

hmmm seems a little pricey for me

190 after tax for psp
    50 for memory card plus w,e for a larger memory stick
    50 for extra battery

6. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

So use the hard mod method HERE. It requires JUST an extra battery, no Memory Stick.

7. pudge

pudge Regular member

8. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

Nope it stays as Pandora's Battery permanently.

The battery you linked is just a sony 2200mAh. If you do buy it, convert the battery you currently have the 1800mAh and use the 2200mAh one instead. Don't worry, you can always convert a battery back to normal.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007