1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp movie format?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by pras123, May 14, 2007.

1. pras123

pras123 Member

Hi friends!
    first of all, thanks a lots dudes! for the wonderful guidance that resulted in customising mah psp!!!
    i have got 3.03 oe-c that plays everything!!!!!
    it runs NFS carbon, NFS most wanted, Call of duty, GTA vice city, Ultimate board games;
    i just wanna ask that how to create a psp movie from a DVD??
    specifically i mean that any s/w i downloaded that rips the DVD to psp movie format only support to a maximum resolution of 360x208 & it gets blurred while i zoom it to full screen. but actual resolution of PSP is 480x272!!
    So is the format of UMD movies i guess!?
    so what s/w can i use to convert to this resolution???
    Also if i convert by any other s/w to 480x272, then would psp recognize it??
    Also where to place/which folder/ the swf flash video file??

Also which s/w can be used to provide equiliser preset controls for music playback??

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  2. armykid22

armykid22 Member

The best and the only free converter software is PSP Video 9. It can convert ANY movie file, I mean it.

So if you want to convert a DVD into a psp format, first you will need DVD Decryptor or DVD Shrink. First in the options menu of either software, turn off the file splitting. This will burn the movie into only one file, and not the normal 3-4 VOB files.

Then simply convert the VOB file containing the movie using PSP Video 9.

PSP Video 9 will also automatically move the converted file into your psp, so you dont have to worry about that.

3. pras123

pras123 Member

Thanks man! but i have already done that.
    still the output format is 360x208 only. it does not support original full screen format of PSP i.e., 480x272!
    if the file is converted into that format, then only it will b as clear as UMD Video, eg: spiderman2 trailer on ur sampler.
    plz help me!

4. armykid22

armykid22 Member

on PSP Video 9, there is an otpion for the screen resolution so change it to what you want.

5. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

go to google.ca and search up Plato Video convertor and try to use that one. it works great with the default settings

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  6. hanipani

hanipani Regular member

well seems u want a good print then do as i say.

download xvid4psp. get the latest version and from it make a pmp avc file and input the resolution of 480x272. and set the video bitrate to 500. and keep audio to 128. and click convert. its easy process
    in the end u will get a pmp file.
    then get a software named pmpmodavc. its for psp. put these files in the psp and u will get a new homebrew in ur psp.
    then make a folder VIDEO in psp root and put the file there.
    then run the homebrew in ur psp. u will see the movie there and press x to play it.

the size wont exceed 400mb and the print is like umd.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Wow, very impressive.

Thansk for sharing hanipani.