1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Newbie BIG TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Elliemae, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

I am asking help for my grandson, so please understand & take into consideration that we no very, very little about his PSP. He has a 3.40 OE-A but he doesnt know how to put any of the homebrew or d/l games onto his PSP. Could someone please direct us to the right spot cuz frankly I dont even know what to ask for.

I found this site by doing a google search!!!

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

If he is using a PSP ISO file (it's a regular PSP game that has been ripped to the computer.) Then tell him to put the file in the following location:

(*):/ISO

If he is using a homebrew application the comes in two parts, such as
    SNES and SNES%
    then tell him to put them in the following location:

(*):/PSP/GAME150

If he is using a homebrew application the comes in only one part, then tell him to put it in the following location:

(*):/PSP/GAME

NOTE: (*):/ is the drive of his PSP when opened in the computer. After clicking on My Computer, it would be labeled something like "(E:) Removable Disk", so instead of (*), you would use (E:)

3. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Thank you so very much for your assistance. It was greatly needed and appreciated!!!!

4. foxrider

foxrider Guest

i wish my grandma was like you.. she does even know what the internet is lol and good job using google

5. haasmon92

haasmon92 Regular member

oh yea... a good site to download homebrew thats safe and secur would be http://dl.qj.net

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@Elliemae

If you ever need help with anything in these forums just make a thread and give it a day. (speaking on behalf of us thread members) We would love to help your grandson and you.

Also is there anything you are unclear on?

7. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Hey, I want to thank you so very much!! This is such a nice forum with very nice people. It is much appreciated.

Now, I have another question. I used the information provided above and we put the games where they were suppose to go, and they even show up on his PSP but we cannot get them to work.

I bought him a 3.40 oe-a PSP and the games just don't work. (His UMD games work) Some of the games are Reel Fishing, Transformers The Game, Star Wars Jedi Power Battles just to name a few. I bought him two 4GB cards and we placed only two games on each card--just to make sure there was enough room to play the games.

Could someone please tell us what we are doing wrong??!!! He tells me he knows how to do it but since there not working I am figuring he really doesn't know how to do it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I know you are really smart when it comes to this technology. It boggles my mind as I read these forums!!!

8. foxrider

foxrider Guest

are you sure its a 3.40oe-a? is it 3.40?

9. Elliemae

Elliemae Guest

Well, well. LOL!! Grandson just called to say his games are working. He put in a sampler disc and now all of his games are working!!! Again, thank you so very much for all your help!!!!!! You guys are A+ all the way!!!

10. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Glad we could help, best of luck to you and your grandson. :)