1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp newbie help thanks

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by 2lads, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 2lads

2lads Member

after having a dead 360 i got me kids a psp for crimbo,, slim and lite,,,,,,, what else do i need and what games are good for 13 and 9 yr olds,,,,do i need a memory card/stick?? comes with a recharger,,,, its all new to me this lark

2. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

So as not to confuse you, I will keep the really fun stuff out of this.

You will need a memory stick to save games. If all you want to do is save games, get the smallest capacity possible. If you plan on watching movies, I suggest a 2 gb one.

For appropriate games, I do not know what is available around where you live, so I say follow the ESRB rating, but not too tight.

I reccomend Star Wars Battlefront II, it is amazing, in my opinion, however, should the 9 year old get their hands on it, remind them they are only blasting virtual StormTroopers.

3. 2lads

2lads Member

ooooh thanks for that,,, im in the uk,,,,,,,, i will remind 9 yr old just that,, tho they both like haloes,, on xbox, but nuff said about THAT,,,,,,,, waddaya mean youll keep the fun stuff out of it,,,,,, now im a bit genned up on memory cards etc,,,,, do you want to gimme any more info??

4. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well, it's really confusing and is not easy to do. It's called Pandora's battery, and can alter the firmware of a PSP to run games off the memory stick. Since you do not have a fat PSP, it will not be easy to get your hands on one.

Still interested?

5. 2lads

2lads Member

er, well as ive not had em out the boxes yet, and dont know a darn thing about them or their abilites, ill leave that one for a bit,,,
    last thing we got the kids was a gameboy,, so i was expectin these psps to be similar, but they do so much more!!! so waht can we do on them? can we download stuff off tinernet?m games etc,store music? pictuers?? come on i need basic stuff first,all welcome,

6. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

You can download just about anything and it will run on this. Without modding, you can play movies, pictures, game demos and music. Only with modding can you play more than demos, and on top of that, you can play other consoles on it, via emulators.

7. 2lads

2lads Member

im not modding anything else again, and ruin the warranty,,( 360 broke and flashed etc,,,) think that will be enough to keep the kids happy for a while,,,,,,just got to get games now,,,,, where to start, ill suggest star wars,,

8. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Well good for you. Have fun with them.