1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psp Newbie

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Noamos, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Have a couple of questions about playing ISO on the psp and modded it.

1. I have a psp v 2.81 and ta-082 (I think thats how it's spelled, if not its the most common one for modding)and was wondering do I need to go to v1.50 firmware?(which I know there are a couple of tuts on this so that's not a problem.)

2. I know a couple of months ago there was a tut on devhook, what's that? do I need that to running iso's on psp? or are there other options?

3. I noticed there where a couple of tuts that mentioned about the memory root folder but yet I can't see it when I have the usb mode just the psp folder what do I have to do to get that going?

sorry for all the newbie ?'s, but the help is much appreciated thanks in advanced.

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

They have a 3.03 downgrader, use that to downgrade your psp, if you need any help on it, read the readme, it has all the instructions on it.

Um..devhook is outdated, have you read up on the custom firmware? (google 3.03 OE-C)

The MP_ROOT is where the PSP folder is.

3. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Hey man thanks for the help. One question though about tuts.
    Do I really need the GTA LCS unpated to downgrade or can I use the same method you suggested with the downgrader 3.03. Also I was reading to custume FW, which is great. So now I just downgrade to 1.5 and the install 3.03 OC-E and I'm set, right?
    Another thing about the mp_root folder, well like I said before I just set the psp to usb connection, I get the psp folder only. Now do I make a new folder named mp_root folder or just use the psp folder(which is the only thing that shows).

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it, cuz I'm pretty sure there are always ?'s like this but never get answered, but that's because they don't search(which is what I did and it being updated since psp I don't know where the start) and are always answered in stickies.