1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP not reading ANY game UMDs!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by HaloDude6, Jan 22, 2007.

1. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

It was working fine, but then I went to MU for my sister's ice skating... I had to accept a "9-hour guest"-thing to get to the internet... After that, I loaded SOCOM, and I tried Infrastructure; the server didn't even show up... I quit out of it and went to the desktop(or main menu, w/e) and I put in NFS MW 510... It took 5 min(I saw from the clock) just to load. But, it didn't even load!!! It said "The disk cannot be read."
    HELP!!!

2. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

What is the setup you are running on your psp?

3. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

It's a 3.03, and I formated the Memory Stick Duo... Man, it's a pain to type on a PSP...

4. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

bbo in 1hr, after I get home from MU

5. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

I have no answer for you here, it should load legal UMD's without and problem unless there is an internal problem.

6. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

They're all legal UMDs, and today I tried a movie... It still didn't read, must be internal. Any ideas on what I could do? Preferably(not sure on spelling) free or inexpensive...

7. Rhazel

Rhazel Regular member

Put your ear up against the umd slot once inserted and see if its spinning or making an unusual noise. I may know the problem as many have had it...

8. k4lm4n

k4lm4n Member

I Have the same problem, called sony and they said my PsP is Japanese and they legal can not help me, WtF? Anyway you can do anything with it now, its a bricked psp that can turn on! WoOoOo! Any way you have an expensive Mp3 player!

9. Rhazel

Rhazel Regular member

its not bricked man. Your laser could be off track so you just have to move it back...unless you've fiddled with the flash there is almost no way it could be bricked and considering it turns on i would say its highly unlikely it is.

10. wolfcav92

wolfcav92 Regular member

i had the same prob kinda my load times took forever but it would finally load but when i play nfs carbon or other sim games or any movie it would stop in middle of game or not show whole screen looked like my cars were flying was kinda funny:) but when i watch movies it would stop sometimes in middle of movie till the drive would catch up on the information i called sony they told me the umd drive going bad it was still under warranty so i sent it in and they sent me a refurbished psp.. if you don't have a warranty on yours any more i know a website that sales all the internal parts for the psp especially ta mobo with 2.71 fw on them