1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP odd LCD screen light problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspuser12, Feb 14, 2007.

1. pspuser12

pspuser12 Member

I bought a 2.71 with TA-82 motherboard. Got a copy of unpatched GTA: LCS and proceeded to downgrade by using downgrader 3.03.

Downgraded successfully but noticed an odd thing, my PSP sometimes will turn its screen off when I start homebrew emulators and everytime I try to access Recovery Screen. The solution I am using is to plug in the power charger and leave it on for 5 sec, and then unplug. The LCD magically turns back on.

Does anyone else have this weird problem and possible cause and solution?

2. pspuser12

pspuser12 Member

Oh I forgot to add that after downgrading to 1.50, I installed OE 3.10 successfully. The problem still comes up though on homebrew and recovery screen.

3. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

I to have a TA-82 mobo. What i have learned is that when we patched our mobo, it done something to the dimming of the screen. mine dims automatically and so does my friends. But non TA-82 mobo dont have this problem. make sure under power save settings you have all of the settings turned off. then set your screen brightness to the second to last one. that should stop it from cutting the screen off. Spread the word about TA-82 mobos and them dimming automatically. Good luck!

4. pspuser12

pspuser12 Member

Thanks, it's working now.