1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp pandoras battery error

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by donilla, Oct 1, 2007.

1. donilla

donilla Member

hi i keep getting an error in the cmd on my computer when i try to execute the msipl.bin i do everything right i put the msipl.bin in the same folder as the msipl.exe and i try to execute it but it keeps saying error 0x00000000 in Device Io control please someone help i really need top unbrick my other psp thanks and also when i try to use the mspformat it says "Logical drive has more than a physical drive cannot handle it. i am currently running windows xp and i have two drives drive c:/ and drive D:/ should i install windows xp operating system again or what thanks

2. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

Ok run me through what you have done whilst trying to make a pandora's battery and ill help you fix this problem also while your at it, make sure you have a spare battery, or backup your battery's information (serial number) using Pandora's Battery Creator App on the psp

if you have all that, please proceed in telling me this command prompt problem you're having

3. donilla

donilla Member

well, all i do is extract the pandora file into drive c and then i open drive c once its done extracting and i go to mspformat folder i open it up and theres the mspformat.exe i drag that to the cmd and i type in my psp drive "I" and a message comes up saying local drive has more than physical drive cannot handle it. then i just try formatting it in windows by right clicking on the psp drive and format without the qick format box checked i move on to the pandora battery firm installer everything goes well and i get a new folder called msipl.bin when i try to execute this in cmd it dosent work. i copy the file that was just made into c:/pandora/msipl. i open up a cmd and type cd ..
    cd ..
    cd pandora
    cd msipl

then type msipl X msipl.bin – where X is the letter of your PSP drive
    this is what happens
    C:\\pandora\msipl>msipl I msipl.bin
    PSP MS IPL Installer
    Load IPL code msipl.bin
    241664 bytes (59 block) readed
    error 0x000000 deviceIo in control

please help me i alos have a fake memory stick so could you tell me if thats a problem.
    thanks

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  4. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

take msinst.exe and mspformat.exe and put both of those files into the C:\ folder dont bother with the whole drag and drop it just complicates things.

as long as you have these three files in your C:\ directory(not in a folder inside C:\) you'll be fine:
    -msinst.exe (file not folder)
    -mspformat.exe (File not folder)
    -the msipl.bin that you extracted after installing the pandora's battery onto your memory stick

once doing those things, go to your "run.." menu on Start then type cd c:\ then enter. then type the commands mspformat xmb[my drive is F so i type "mspformat F"], this function formats the memory stick, then if your battery is all installed and working, connect the psp to a computer and drag the msipl.exe to C:\ and type in the cmd, "msinst XMB msipl.bin"

5. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

sorry mistake there, msipl.bin i ment ^_^

shouldn't make everything a difficulty for yourself, if you just move the two programs mspformat.exe and msinst.exe to C:\ everythings far easier, also the command you type for converting the memory stick (msipl.bin) is actually msinst X msipl.bin, NOT msipl X msipl.bin

6. Fruitz

Fruitz Member

well, all i do is extract the pandora file into drive c and then i open drive c once its done extracting and i go to mspformat folder i open it up and theres the mspformat.exe i drag that to the cmd and i type in my psp drive "I" and a message comes up saying local drive has more than physical drive cannot handle it. then i just try formatting it in windows by right clicking on the psp drive and format without the qick format box checked i move on to the pandora battery firm installer everything goes well and i get a new folder called msipl.bin when i try to execute this in cmd it dosent work. i copy the file that was just made into c:/pandora/msipl. i open up a cmd and type cd ..
    cd ..
    cd pandora
    cd msipl

then type msipl X msipl.bin – where X is the letter of your PSP drive
    this is what happens
    C:\\pandora\msipl>msipl I msipl.bin
    PSP MS IPL Installer
    Load IPL code msipl.bin
    241664 bytes (59 block) readed
    error 0x000000 deviceIo in control

please help me i alos have a fake memory stick so could you tell me if thats a problem.
    thanks[/quote]

Donilla, The problem that you are having is that you haven't typed in the directory properly as you were suopposed to so here's what you are ment to do:

copy the msinst.exe file to you local disk drive C:/

Now on your computer go to start, then run, and type in cmd.

A littie black box should appear saying C:/, if not it'll say. C:/ users/X (X meaning the users name)/documents and settings.

Now if it says C:/, it should look like this: C:/msinst.exe X (X as in your PSP drive letter), X:\msipl.bin

Now it should say sayin all these kind of stuff.
    Just press "y" and it should then say "Write Boot code". You then have a magic memstick!!!!

Note: This will only work until AFTER you logically formated your memstick if you get a error like "logical drive has more than a physical drive and cannot handle it" then it won't work due to a fake memstick.

If you need a more simplyfied breakdown I'll PM you.

7. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

anyways post another thread if you get any more problems, or same problems ^_^ im here to help ya

8. Fruitz

Fruitz Member

9. donilla

donilla Member

so basically its because my MS is fake

thanks for the help ill get back to you as soon as i get a real MS
    thanks for the help anyway

10. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

11. Fruitz

Fruitz Member

Wichozzz, He won't need that as the GUI i already posted makes the memstick.

12. donilla

donilla Member

u lot please help me i really have to unbrick my brothers psp i tryed all the ways the u lot explained but it keeps saying logical drive has more than physical drive even though the mem stick is genuine in psp it says its supported by magic gate in the gui it keeps skipping the format bit and a message pops up saying your memory stick will be modified and i press ok when i go to my psp all the files r there i just dont know what to do i am currently on version 3.52 m33-2 and i have the apple core theme plz help should i use a diffrent computer or what plz help. the mem stick im using is 256mb.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  13. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

First, download this folder, i dont care if you already have it, just download this one to make sure there's nothing wrong with it
    do everything in this order

Firstly, creating a magic memory stick:
    -turn your psp on whilst holding R to enter recovery menu
    -go onto your configuration settings and make sure you are running 3.xx Kernel
    -exit recovery
    -go to systems/ format memory stick-usb connect on the pc, open the folder "MSPFORMAT" in the pandora's battery folder and drag the file MSPFORMAT.EXE to the C:\ directory (it has to be in C:\!)
    -go on the start menu->Run..->cmd and you get the scary screen, type cd c:\ press enter a new line appears saying "C:\" then type mspformat.exe X (where X is your drive) then when prompted press Y once and enter then wait a few seconds
    -then it is complete, remove the memory stick and exit usb, then reinsert memory stick and connect back again to usb via PSP
    -on the pc open "INSTALLER" and drag those two folders inside installer to the GAME150 folder on your memory stick
    -remove the memory then exit USB mode
    -reinsert the memory stick and flick over to the GAME->Memory Stick directory, there should be pandora's battery installer there, run it
    -press x, co-operate with all functions until it finishes, then remove memory stick and re-insert it and connect to usb mode
    -drag the file created in the root memory of your psp "msipl.bin" STRAIGHT to your C:\ drive, no other folder
    -go back to the pandora's battery files and open up the "MSINST" folder and drag the MSINST.EXE file to the C:\ directory on your PC, and also drag the file "MSIPL.BIN" to your C:\ directory, then go on Start->Run..->cmd...
    -type cd c:\ and enter then type msinst X msipl.bin (where X is the PSP drive)then loads of scary things pop up, then just press Y and enter and violla! Magic Memory stick

Secondly, the Jigkick "Pandora's" Battery
    far easier process:
    -take the folders inside the BATTERY folder, and drag them to GAME150
    -exit usb mode and go to GAME->Pandora's Battery Creator and run the program
    -when it's up, press triangle (this backs up your Battery Serial in the form of eeprom.bin file) then it exits
    -re-enter the program and press x this time, changing the serial of the battery to "0xFFFFFFFF" then it exits, and it's now a jigkick "Pandora's" battery!

to use these two devices to unbrick the bricked psp,
    -put the memory stick in the bricked psp, then remove the AC lead and put the jigkick battery in.
    -all lights will flash then a menu will pop up, just press x and let it downgrade the psp back down to 1.5 keep pressing x when PROMPTED until the psp shuts down.
    -take your NORMAL PSP Battery and put that in with any memory stick (even the magic one) then turn it on, you should get the scary blue screen that appears when anyone downgrades, just press O and violla! unbricked psp on version 1.5! update to whichever CFW you wish ^_^

re-written by me..MonoSoft
    Interpreted from Dark_AleX's orginal thread in MaxConsole.com

14. donilla

donilla Member

I followed your instruction but when i do the msinst T msipl.bin it says 0x00000000 in Device Io control.
    this is what happens

psp ms ipl installer
    load ipl code msipl.bin
    241664 bytes(59 block) readed
    error in deviceIocontrol

what am i doing wrong also the mspformat dosent work ive even tried the mspformat thing but it just keeps saying same thing :logical drive has more than a physical drive cannot handle it"
    whats wrong its a genuine 256mb MS plz help.
    I format the MS by right clicking on the psp drive and clicking format with the qick format box unchecked and i make it into a FAT.plz help what am i doing wrong.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  15. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

lemme know if that helped you at all... just remember the command for the last MSDOS process, msinst X msipl.bin (not msipl X msipl.bin)

16. donilla

donilla Member

i just cant unbrick it my logicalformat wont work and that error 0x000000 in deviceIocontrol it just wont work

17. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

http://www.sendspace.com/file/04s1jd
    (phat)
    put all on u own mem stick
    then.....u pandora's magic memory stick
    forget all about dos:/ command.???
    this work vey well, go for it.!!

18. donilla

donilla Member

so your saying to format my mem stick on windows with the qick format box unchecked

19. donilla

donilla Member

when you put the magic memstick in is it meant to flash because on mine it dosent flash at all

20. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Place the magic MS in first, and then place the battery in and it should boot up into the pandora's menu. Anyway, the power light should be solid and the MS light and Wi-Fi light should be on, and possibly the MS light should be flashing. Not sure.