1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP possible brick? Help needed if possible - Thank you

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by T13, Feb 15, 2007.

1. T13

T13 Member

Hello all,
    Newbie here that bought my son a PSP for Christmas. We rolled back the Firmware from like 2.71 to 1.5 so that he could play Homebrew games and also added Devhook .51 so that he could emulate Firmware 3.01 and use the PSP's internet capabilities. All was well for a few weeks and then the other day his PSP would no longer let him use anything in the Game folder of his PSP (Homebrew apps and games). He is getting a Blue Screen with multiple languages and its says that the System info is corrupted. Once we press that O button it just reloads again into this blue screen and looks as though we can't get past this. We are also unable to get into a recovery mode vai startup and the R button. The Motherboard is a TA-082 and HenD is in his picture folder if that helps any.

His UMD games still load fine and his MP3's play fine but the Homebrew stuff seems to be unaccessable. Any help out there on our options to fix this? I have searched the net for answers with no luck as there are som many different varibles: FW, DV, Motherboard, etc.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sorry if I left out any critical info for this problem and will do so if needed.
    Thank you

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Well good news is it's not bricked. more then likely the homebrew data got corrupted. it's fairly common. if you format the memstick and reinstall it should no promises should work. Anyhow I think you and your son would be much happier with a custom firmware. There is the recovery option in case you partially brick the psp (recovery option is only available from custom firmware). It's a great great addition to the firmware. Also with say 3.03 OE-C you dont need devhook anymore. U can load ISO's directly from the XMB. 3.03 OE-C can also play 1.5 formatted homebrew. devhook is basically obsolete now as there is much better loading methods, no updates recently.

3. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

Yep using 1.5 and DevHook is a tad dated now, custom firmwares allow to run ISO's and home brew straight off the memory stick once their loaded on, their much more hassle free.

4. T13

T13 Member

Thank you very much for the quick respones, my son will be happy to hear that his PSP is not fried!

A few questions for you guys that know much more about this stuff than I:
    A) Should I format the MemStick via the option on the PSP or should I
    do it through my PC via the USB connection?
    B) I did a bunch of stuff when we first took our original 2.71 and
    rolled it back to FW1.5. Can I install this 3.03 OE-C from FW1.5?
    Do I need to reinstall HedD again? Will his Nintendo Imulator work
    with this upgrade?

Thank you for all of your help. I read alot but am still behind the curve a bit.

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

A) on the PSP
    B) yes use hexitnow's winstaller (stickied thread at the top of the page)
    no need for hend anymore
    yes, emulators will still work just place in GAME150 folder instead of GAME folder

6. T13

T13 Member

Thanks alot guys....
    PSP seems to have come back to life.
    Another Question is time:
    In Recovery mode I have it set to 3.03 Kernal and have our HomeBrew
    stuff stuck in the PSP/GAME150 folder (also tried PSP/GAME) and none of the Homebews stuff is loading, it just goes to a black screen. We have NesterJ 1.20beta, 64PSP / C64 Emulator, WifiSniffer and PSPPDF/ PDF Reader. I read around and seem to be doing as i read but no luck. any help appreciated.

7. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Try to set to 150 Kernel and put the homebrew stuff back to GAME folder.
    Could also be a bad update, if so get the RECOVERY folder, put it on your PSP, go back to 1.50 and up to 3.03 OE-C again.