1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Problem (3.40 oe-a firmware)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by alecks, Jun 4, 2007.

1. alecks

alecks Member

I convinced my friend to get custom Firmware installed on his PSP. After not wanting to do it, afraid of bricking it and all, he finally did! HOWEVER, he can't seem to get it to run any ISO's. All his ISO's bring him to a black screen, but the PSP is still on. However; He can't turn it off. He discovered that by ejecting the disc, it brings him back to the menu. (The disc he was using was Tales of Eternia.)

But, when he tries it with GTA: Liberty City Stories inside the UMD Bay, he gets the same problem; Only when he ejects the disc, it says the game could not start.

The main issue is: How can we get it to run PSP ISO's?

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

Maybe you need to format flash1 folder and restore your psp settings.Do a search for flash formatter and make sure to read the read me file that is included.Don't touch the flash0 folder cause thats the heart of your psp and it will cause a brick only open the flash1 folder and delete everything in there or the easy way is to use flash formatter and it will do everything for you.
    When your flash1 fo;der is formated all it does is delete all your settings on your psp to default settings.Also go to your recovery and check to see if no umd is enabled and if it is just disable it.Its a matter of fact make sure everything in the recovery is disabled.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. fultonla

fultonla Guest

to format your flash 1 just go to recovery mode -> advanced -> enable flash 1 usb or whatever it says (MAKE SURE IT IS FLASH 1!) then just delete everything in the folder. restart th psp you should get a blue screen of death or something just press circle and will all be better. and make sure that the no umd option is not on in the recovery menu also.

4. alecks

alecks Member

Thanks, but I was told by dozens not to erase anything in either flash0, OR flash1, due to no matter which one I choose, the PSP will get bricked. So thanks anyways, but does anyone have any other suggestions, ones that wont 'cause un-easiness, or fear of bricking. : /

5. silentdan

silentdan Member

You cant brick by formating flash1,only if u erase flash0 will you brick.Who ever told you that lied to u perhaps if that person is so smart then maybe you should ask him to give u a better solution to your problem.
    Good Luck!