1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp problem?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ncarro, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ncarro

ncarro Member

Ok so i had a new psp version 2.71 fw. I then decided to use the winstaller from xtrusion(i think thats how you spell it) to get it down to 1.5 fw. i got all the way to where the power turns off and you then have to turn it back on and get that blue screen BUT when i went to turn it on my screen stayed black but the green light stayed on.

I read all kinds of stuff on here or google and such but cant find an answer to if it is bricked or not. i tried leaving the battery out for a few days, leaving the psp on until the battery fully ran out then charged it and tried again, tried without the battery and the ac cord instead, blah blah blah.

So i figure it must be bricked? So i also read somewhere that i might just need a new powerboard(not the mother board, this is just the power switch and the four buttons on the right). Has anyone else heard this to work? They are only a few dollars off ebay but I'd rather get some more proof first. If this doesnt work i guess i will just need a whole new motherboard :(.

any suggestions/comments?

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

Thats a brick, if the green light comes on, and the screen stays black, it a brick, if the power board was broken, it wouldnt even power on, you probably should invest in a new mother board, is your psp still under warranty?

3. ncarro

ncarro Member

I just bought it like a month ago so i assume it must have to come with atleast a 90 day warrenty right? Even if it is though, what do i tell them?

Semi Brick - This makes your psp turn on and the whole 9 yards. Well actually about 8 because the screen is just black this can be known as the screen of death. You semi brick by doing something wrong in the Xmb. You can undo this by putting a eboot in X:/psp/game/recovery/((eboot goes here))

I guess this could be my problem aslo? what eboot file do i put there?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

There is a 1 year warranty from sony, 30-days return/exchange at stores like bestbuy. So you are in luck. Just take it back to where you bought it or call sony. If they ask, say you were upgrading through network upgrade, but it didn't finish / got stuck or whatever. You turned it off, now it won't turn on.

5. ncarro

ncarro Member

can you send me a link to a website with the network upgrade just so it sounds a little better. Or if it is just off the sony website i can find it myself. Should i just say my power went out or something and the computer turned off? thanks though!

6. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

The network upgrade is in the psp's menus.

7. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Network update from the psp. Don't say power outage, because your battery needs to be 75% for the updater to start. Just say it got stuck before finish, you left it for an hour still didn't finish. So you have to power it off. Now it won't turn on.

8. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

you will still need your receipt too.

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

try pressing the display button. it may be concealing the BSOD

10. ncarro

ncarro Member

yeah i guess i will be doing that then. Ill be pretty bummed though when they send me something stupid back like a 2.81 or something. I guess ill be looking for a gta unpatched next!

while im at it, i might as well just try to get to a 3.50m33 now shouldnt I? and just not bother going for a 3.40 oe-a? And i think ill do everything manually rather then the winstaller from now on...

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if the power light stays ON it is not bricked! press the brightness display button

12. ncarro

ncarro Member

already tried. it didnt do anything. Can it be semibricked or something?

13. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok its bricked. i thot nobody told him. ur done man.

14. ncarro

ncarro Member

do i need to have my origional box with the psp? i traded my psp with my friend to get his version so i only have the box for my psp that i traded and he never kept his

15. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You need the reciept for your current psp, and it must be within one year. You don't need the box.