1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP questions i need answered please....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Sethane, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Sethane

Sethane Member

I am going to go and get my PSP on thursday and then downgrade it to 1.50...so i would like to know.

- How would i play the PSX ISOs from this Firmware version?

- What are the benefits are upgrading to dark alex's custom firmware's

- if i did upgrade to these custom firmwares could i downgrade back to 1.50

- and finally can i play my own backups on these custom firmware's i.e is devhook intergrated etc

thanks for your time guys

2. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Upgrade from 1.50 to any custom firmware 3.02 OE-B and Higher.

You can run homebrew, Play CSO & ISO's, Play PSX Converted Games. Basically everything you can do in 1.50 and 3.XX.

Yes, There is a Recovery Mode that will let you roll back to 1.50, Even if you Semi-Brick it.

Devhook is obsoleted when playing 3.XX OE-X Custom Firmware. They newest out right now is 3.10 OE-A I think. You can also dump you're UMD into ISO's on your Computer and even compress them into .CSO's to save memory.

3. Sethane

Sethane Member

Very impressive indeed and thanks for the reply...

Curious how you select both the PSX and PSP backup games from the custome OE menu?

Also finally lol do i have to put my PSX images into a particular format for them to play and is every PSX image i make garanteed to work. :)

oh how is the success rate on this custome firmware with the PSP isos everyone work etc

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

Make sure the PSP is not 3.10 or 3.11 firmware

You'll have to put your eboot's into your GAME folder. They will show up on your xmb(psp home page) under games, memory stick.

The benefits are that you dont need any applications to run your homebrew games. You are able to recover from a semi-brick. And you can customize your psp's look with ease.

Yes, its possible to downgrade back to 1.50
    There is a stickied thread in this forum that has the 1.50 recovery. It is titled winstaller.

Yes you can play your own backup games on custom firmware. You dont need any extra applications to run it. Just drag your iso's, cso's to your iso folder and your emulators to your game150 folder. Real easy.

5. Sethane

Sethane Member

Another stupid questions how do you create the E boots for the PSX player? is there a convertor as such about...

You will have to excuse all these questions i want to be prepared before i get teh PSP

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

No worries, there are no stupid questions. We all learned somewhere. Anyways you can find a tutorial here for converting your psx games to eboots. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/450045

7. Sethane

Sethane Member

Thanks for the helps staxx

8. staxx

staxx Regular member

Your welcome. Enjoy.

9. Marley22

Marley22 Member

Is there any way i can download free games for my psp without using a mod chip?

10. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

you don't need a modchip to play PSP games - either official or homebrew. u just need the custom firmware or devhook on 1.5

11. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

Did you try This powerful forum tool first?

12. Sethane

Sethane Member

I know there is one think i wont do is spend 200 pounds on a modchip for the PSP thats useless anyway with these firmware downgrades

13. man12

man12 Guest

Sethane, where do u intend to bou a 1.5 firmware psp from.
    I want to but one(1.5 firmware). i live in america, where can i get 1 from. it could be in england or america.

14. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u probably won't see a 1.5 out there, its not it tells u outright on the box what firmware it is, most psps are not released with higher firmware, sony doesn't want u using lower firmware so u can either downgrade or play ISOS, etc

15. MrJ009

MrJ009 Member

I need help with psp iso i have firmware 3.10OE-A' and when i go to load the psp iso the screen goes black and i changed the settings in the recovery

16. Sethane

Sethane Member

Well if people look on Ebay there is already PSP avalible with the 1.5 FW which obviously have been downgraded for you...except they put another 50 dollers on top for you to do it.