1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sliprules, Aug 27, 2007.

1. sliprules

sliprules Member

hi

i have a psp sony fw 2.60 that i just bought used from gamestop today i bought it to put the custom fw on i know there isnt a downgrader for 2.60 to 1.50 but i can update to 3.50 and downgrade to 1.50 right? but i dont have lumines is there a way to do it without lumines? how would i go about puting custom fw on it at 2.60 fw? i am either putting on 3.40 oe-a or 3.52 m33-4 i can take it back to gamestop also i have no clue what to do is there anyway to put the custom fw on it now or a way to downgrade?

2. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

You have to update to 2.71, downgrade to 1.50 and THEN upgrade to 3.40 OE-A or 3.52 M33-4 (perosnally, I reccomend 3.40 OE-A, check out the first link in my signature).

3. sliprules

sliprules Member

hi,

i just downgraded it but when i go to turn it on the green light comes on but it wont turn on nothing comes up on the screen did i brick it?

4. BTFan

BTFan Regular member

I think but you can unbrick it using Pandora's battery (there's a guide on this site).

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

If you successfully downgraded like you said, try pressing the brightness button (its the one next to the musical note button at the bottom of your psp) to get the screen to light up...You must have a TA082 motherboard...My other psp did the same thing after I downgraded also...

6. sliprules

sliprules Member

i tried the brigtness button no luck i bought the warrenty on it tho so i might get a new one how do i know if i have the ta082 motherboard? my serial is pp865959772-psp1001 i followed detailed instructions and did not mess up the one thing i did do is the charger was not plugged in for the firt 5 seconds i plugged it in right away

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well good thing you got the warranty...You can check for TA082 motherboards by opening the UMD door and its printed on the motherboard itself-It will say IC1003

8. sliprules

sliprules Member

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Try the one found HERE instead...Scroll to -3.10-3.50 Any motherboard, and click "show"...It will have links to the files you need, as well as detailed instructions...It sounds like you were putting the update eboot into the wrong folder or something....Give the other one a try.

Good Luck!