1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by neilsinc, Oct 18, 2007.

1. neilsinc

neilsinc Guest

Hi

Apologies if all these questions have been asked before.

I've just bought a slim and lite PSP online (not arrived yet), but was just wanting to ask a few general questions before it comes.

Firstly, what is the best place to download games from? Torrents? or are there other sites?

What size of memory card should I get so that I can store my games on it and play them directly from there? Say I want to store about 5 games.

Also, I've read a few places that i'd need to upgrade to custom firmware to play games from memory card, but i reckon I'll just wait 'til it arrives before I look into how to do that. Will be easier when i have the materials in front of me.

Thanks in advance for your help

2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

First answer I cannot say anything besides yes or borrow games from friends.

Second answer is that games are big, can be about 1.8 GB each (average is 1gb) so I'd say a 4GB because its the best deal (can be bought for $50)

Third, yes you can downgrade but the Slim PSP does not have 1.50 kernal support... yet so some homebrew software will not work.

3. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can't just put custom firmware on the psp slim. you need a fat psp running custom firmware to create the universal unbricker.

games can be compressed to reduce size. some games will compress ridiculously small, others will just shave off a few hundred megabytes.

a 4gb is reasonable. but once you start loading games, the free space starts going. i have 7 games and one emulator, and all i have left is 370mb left