1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP ReCovErY MoDE fOr 3.03 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bballpro, Mar 23, 2007.

1. bballpro

bballpro Member

Hey i just to know where do i get the recovery mode files for 3.03 oe-a if you want to recovery the psp..and can someone tell me step by step how to get them..and where to put them ..thanx

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Its on the first page of the forums! Theres a thing that does it for you. You could of easily used the search button or this awesome PSP SITE Sorry for being a bit touchy just ive come across about 10 of these same threads in the past couple days.

3. tronryan

tronryan Member

alright heres wat u need to do. if u brick ur psp like i did in 3.03Oe-c then u can bring it bak. like i did. when u brick put ur psp in the recovery main menu. then u need to plug ur psp into the computer via usb. toggle usb on. then make a copy the program that you used to brick ur psp. hopefully the program has a recovery menu in it and u havnt done to much. copy the program into the psp/game/recovery folder. take the eboot from the program and just set it in the recovery folder with the other parts of the program still in its normal folders. then toggle usb off. the go to the run program psp/game/recover/eboot.pbp selection. the program should start. if it doesnt the ur kinda screwed and u need to search online for the dark alex downgrader and bring ur psp all the way back to 1.50 and start over. when u find the program just do the same thing i told u to do with the flash program.
    that should fix it. need more help just let me know
    p.s. i bricked my psp twice. the first time i had to start over from 1.50 but the second i just undid what i did. warning: screwing with the xmb menu bars is risky. they dont like to be messed with
    PEACE!!

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Messing with XMB does nothing aslong as you back up your files. You can't brick it if you do that. Don't know why you would use recovery when all you have to do is back up your flash0.

5. BrokePSP

BrokePSP Guest

i have a question for you
    i was messing around with my 3.03 oe-c psp and i wanted to go up to 3.10 oe-a and i did but then i went to 3.10 oe-a2.
    it got rid of my custom icons so i went to put it on the psp through recovery mode and when it was done i pressed the back button then the exit button and after it did the little psp startup boot thing it froze out of nowhere and then i took out the battery (like i always do when it freezes) and started it up again in recovery mode then i put the 3.03 oe-c topmenu_plugin.rco on it hoping it was the file that was not working.but when i exited the recovery mode it did the exact same thing. SO MY QUESTION IS what happened to my psp????

6. Redxi

Redxi Member

Please help me... im a complete noob and have bricked my psp

i was using this guide

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40046

when i got to the part about running the 3.03 installer i did...
    Only to my horror i realised it was a 3.02 installer i ran instead
    Yes i know im stupid.. i should be shot a thousand times and buggered by a million goats..... but please help me
    How can i change what iv done...
    psp just has black screen with the mem card light flashing now and then, can get into the recovery screen but dont have a bloody clue.

Please help me ...

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You CANNOT have a custom topmenu_pluging.rco AKA the XMB icons on 3.10 OE firmware! So what you have to do is get your hands on the offical Sony topmuenu_plugin.rco to unbrick it. If not just install the 1.50 recovery EBOOT. Brings you back to 1.50 then just re-install 3.10 OE.

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Does it eventually shut off? If it does then its screwed forever, but if it stays on just put your brightness up, if that solves nothing then theres nothing you can do :(.

9. BrokePSP

BrokePSP Guest

well i just tried to put a sony topmenu_plugin.rco and it did not work so i just did a random thing with some of my spare files and so i always forget to delete the firmware flasher for the version off my memory stick so i copyed the files(aka the eboot.pbp and the data.dxr file) to the recovery folder and ran it through the recovery menu and used the original 3.10 oe-a update flasher and it some how downgraded the firmware from 3.10 oe-a' to 3.10 oe-a. anyway i have actually recovered from quite a few bricks over a 1 month period so i guess i would just say i am pretty lucky that i have the ability to unbrick my psp that many times.

10. samidaman

samidaman Guest

hello tronryan i got a question for you.my psp is bricked and i want to go back to 1.5. when you said search online for a dark alex downgrader which one are u talking about. can you please send me a website where you can download the right one.and can you tell me the intrucstions to. thank u. my email is dragonmaster_37@hotmail.com can u please reply on my email or on the web.thank u

11. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

BrokePSP, good think you unbricked your PSP. All i know is, is that you cannot have custom icons on 3.10 OE firmwares. Or it semi-bricks your PSP. Thats why im staying at 3.03 OE-C as long as i can.

12. walkden07

walkden07 Member

lol i just found out tht 3.10 oe dosen't support custom icons , i must of bricked 10 times and it kept puzzlein me thank god for recovery mode

13. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

If you can get into recovery mode, just use recover back to 1.5 fw then upgarde to 3.03c again.

14. melikejel

melikejel Member

Hey I've got a rather strange, yet undeniably dumb method of bricking my PSP. I had just installed 3.03oec and had tried to play a game using the new firmware. I had started up the GTA:LCS that I used when I was downgrading it in the first place. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to format my memory stick or the GTA data which caused the downgrade in the first place. It tried to automatically load up the save (or whatever it did for the downgrading process) and it ended up bricking my PSP. This is my first time trying to add the firmware, so I didn't know about backing up the flash0, flash1, or any other safeguards against bricking. I can still use the recovery mode and I dont know how to get my PSP back, be it recovering the 3.03oec or downgrading back to 1.5 to repeat the process. How can I fix this mess?