1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Region Differences

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pjs33, May 8, 2007.

1. pjs33

pjs33 Member

Hi Everyone,

I appologize if this has been posted already, I have searched but didn't see anything about this. I have a Japanese PSP with firmware 3.3. I bought a replacement MB with firmware 1.5 to play with. I put the board in my PSP and it doesn't work. More specifically, the power light lights up green, but nothing comes on the screen and if any buttons are pressed, the light turns orange. The original board works fine. I played around a bit, and found that the board actually does work, but not if it's plugged into the memory stick/wifi board of my psp. I have ordered a new MS/Wifi board (from a US PSP) just in case. It seems odd that there would be different MS/Wifi boards in different PSPs. Do you think it may be a matter of having a TA-082 board (original board) and putting a TA-081 in (new board), or the fact that I have a Japanese PSP and using a US board? Thanks for any insight!

-Phil

2. kevlarpro

kevlarpro Member

well, from what i've read, only things that are combatible between both US and Japanese PSPs are the games. also, i've heard that you'll really screw up your psp if you update a japanese psp with and american update. but also, i found that i replaced my broke wifi antenna and memory card reader with a new one that i bought from hong kong and it still worked perfectly fine, even tho they were from different regions.

and sorry if i didnt understand you right, but does MB stand for motherboard?

3. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

well with a ta-082 it has a separate wifi board but the ta-079 and all models up to the dreaded ta-082 dont have a separate wifi board

4. pjs33

pjs33 Member

so, is the wifi on the pre TA-082 boards on the motherboard rather than the memory stick board?