1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Remote Play problems/fix for CFW 3.71 M33 & PS3 2.0 update on page 2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DarylC, Jul 14, 2007.

1. DarylC

DarylC Regular member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

i am having the same problem but only over the internet remote play. It keeps saying Connection Timed Out (after trying for 10 seconds on the loading screen) I am also running 3.51 M33. Anybody got any ideas?

3. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Question for both of you.

When you plug your PSP into your PS3, does it show up as a PSP or a mass storage device? If it shows up as mass storage, then you have some corrupt idStorage keys that need to be repaired. You can use Chilly Willie's KeyCleaner for that. The problem is that it can fix all but one of your keys. Either key 0x043 or key 0x006 will still be corrupt or blank (depends on what version of Sonys firmare you downgraded from). These keys can be recreated by hex editing one of the other keys and re-creating the missing key.

~Rich

4. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

For me, I dont remember it showing up as that but again, I did not look and I cannot check because its my friends PS3 and he lives 20 mins away. For me, remote play works over a private network, just not with internet.

5. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

First off, NEVER fix key 5. That one needs to be corrupted to allow the TA-082's to be downgraded. Google Chilly Willie's keycleaner, and run it 'without using files from the memory card" first. You will be left with a corrupt key 43 or 6 (depends on what version you downgraded from). Once you get to that point and you only have one corrupt key, PM me and I'll help you out the rest of the way.

~Rich

6. Stoningto

Stoningto Member

Could you please email me how to fix this problem. I ran the key cleaner but still cant connect (register) to my ps3 for remote play

7. dedric1

dedric1 Member

i am up to this point as well. took me about 5 hours to figure out what was going on.. please at your convience i need help too.

8. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

For those that are having trouble, PM me and I'll help you guys out.

Send me the results of Keycleaner and your email address, and I should be able to help you fix the IDStorage, so your PSP works the way it should with the PS3, etc.

~Rich

9. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Just wanted to report back here saying that I have had several people PM me with remote play problems and idstorage issues.

So far I have sucessfully helped out about 10 members fix their PSP. I have yet to run into one that I have not been able to fix.

Again, if you are having problems with your PS3 not recognizing you PSP and you are running custom firmware, PM me and hopefully we can get it fixed.

~Rich

10. Jay382

Jay382 Member

can u help me connect my psp to the ps3 because whenever I plug in the usb. it says "no psp system found". I tried to use the keycleaner but it says "unrecognized key state". PLZ email me on noemailhere@underarock.com

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  11. Stoningto

Stoningto Member

This guy can help you out. Real nice person and was able to fix my psp (got chinese screen but was able to recover). Good job double down keep up the good work.

12. Jay382

Jay382 Member

can u send me the link to where I can find the original Idstorage key for a ta-082 psp

13. Stoningto

Stoningto Member

PM DoubleDwn he can help.

14. sflypmp

sflypmp Member

Thanks DoubleDwn!!! It's working now!:)

Will I encounter this issue again if I update from 3.40oe to a newer M33 or such firmware eventually?

Thanks again!

15. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

No. The keys only become corrupted when you do the downgrade. This wont happen again. But, you cannot upgrade to sony official firmware. Key 5 being corrupt allows you to run the 1.5 kernel, but prevent you from running newer firmwares. Just the way it is.

~Rich

16. parasomia

parasomia Guest

This guys rocks! I followed his advice and then PM'd him about the rest. He easily gave me the correct fixed key and now the ps3 registered my PSP and I can use remote play flawlessly! He is a real nice guy to b.s with. If anyone needs any help on this, do not be afraid to ask him. Once again man, Much appreciated!

17. andywitzz

andywitzz Member

Hey, DD helped me get mine working. It's pretty easy if you get ahold of him.

Send him a pm and I'm sure he'll help you out.

18. mgsfreak1

mgsfreak1 Member

Hi my psp is comming up as a mass storage device also. Im on 3.52 M33-4 Can you help me out?

19. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Sure, be glad to help. Just PM me and we'll take care of it.

~Rich

20. zumo99

zumo99 Member

DoubleDwn, can you help me? I have a TA-082 PSP running 3.52 M33-4. My PSP shows up as USB Device (). I cannot get my PSP to register.