1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Resident Evil 3 Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Farnick, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Farnick

Farnick Member

i got RE3 on my psp and it worked fine until i wanted to leave the clock tower. every time i try to leave the building in the back room by the spire bell as jill, the game dosent load. the music plays and it showed the door open and close but no video. i cant hear any foot steps. only thunder and lighting. if anybody has a game save after that point or nows how to fix it plz relpy.

2. cfsage

cfsage Member

Hey there, I don't have any answer for you, but I loaded my Resident evil 3 on my PSP, and after the first screen explaining "this is emulation etc." the screen just stays black. I can still access the home button, am I overlooking something, if I can get this game to start I might actually be able to assist you with your problem, thanks.

3. stumped_

stumped_ Regular member

have you guys tried pressing the button that adjusts the light . the one to the right of "PSP"

4. Farnick

Farnick Member

what software are using to rip the game and make sure you are using the latest psx2psp

5. cfsage

cfsage Member

Yeah, I tried the screen light button, along with every other button as well.
    I'm using autopopstation4 to convert the .ISO file into my EBOOT.pbp bile.

6. Farnick

Farnick Member

7. cfsage

cfsage Member

Farnick, did you get it to work? I got to the very same point you did, back of clock tower room with Jill after curing her, screen is dark, can hear music, but nothing else. Any luck on your end?
    I'm running 3.40 OE-A and I used auto-popstation to put the game on my PSP

8. Farnick

Farnick Member

no i did not get it to work, but i do have an idea, email me your game save, i will put it in an emulator get to the next save point, right our side, and than put the save back on the psp. i think it might work. my email is
    howboutcheez@gmail.com
    i would use mine but i cheated and i dont want to be a piece of tofu and beat the game

9. cfsage

cfsage Member

Hey Everybody, I got it to work!
    I'll do this a couple more times to narrow down exactly what got me through. After waking up I saved my game in the room, leave, encounter nemesis, made my way all the way to the other save room(the one you get if you jump off the trolley). Saved in that one, only this time saved it on the second memory card. I then proceeded out the clock tower and made it outside A-OK. Let me know if you guys have success with this.

10. pspv311

pspv311 Member

I GOT 2 question for you cfsage what filmware are you running on your psp because it happens to me 2 i got 3.51 m33 i want want this game 2 work and did it work again when you tryed it

11. pspv311

pspv311 Member

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME my resident evil 3 nemesis gets stuck were you get jill back that you have to get to the tower door it when i open that door it stays black only hears sounds but no image goes any one has a fix for this

12. cfsage

cfsage Member

hey psp, yeah, i got it to work using the method i described above. After that I didn't have any problems and I just played through the whole thing today. So try saving in that other room on the different memory card. let me know how it goes