1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP running 3.03

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stella28, Apr 19, 2007.

1. stella28

stella28 Member

Hi there, I'm new to all this and was wanting some advice. I have just purchased a PSP, apparently with 1.50 recently upgraded to 3.03-oe. Just a couple of things :). 1/ is it possible to place a normal UMD game in the PSP then save the game onto a memory card, thus not needing the UMD at hand when i want to play it? 2/ I was also given numerous discs with games/programmes on (all back ups obviously). apparently all i had to do was connect the usb cable to the PSP/computer and transfer the product across. However, when i try to do this (using WIN ISO) it states that it is not possible and that the 'path' is n/g (or something to this effect? Does anyone have any ideas or shud i give up now? Or can someone point me in the direction of a website please?

2. Jalathole

Jalathole Guest

ok, the process of putting a game that you own on umd to a memory card is called ripping. to do this google a ripping umd program and your all set. you will need at least a 1gb memory card to put games on and a 2gb to be absolutely safe as a umd holds 1.8gb and 2gb is more than this.

if you have .iso game files and you are running a custom firmware such as oe-a, then all you need to do is copy the .iso file (without extracting it) to a folder called ISO which is on the root of your memory stick (next to the 'PSP' folder). then all you have to do is navigate to the game, memorystick and locate the game. you should own the copy of the game that you are playing however, because without games, sony would lose money, thus discontinuing the psp line.

finally, the 3.03 firmware is very old and i recommend you upgrade to 3.4 oe-a to enjoy the latest features sony has to offer.