1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP saves the day!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Kafluke, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I just had a cool success story that I wanted to share.

Somehow my aspect ratio got screwed up on my Pioneer dvd player in my bedroom. I have long since lost the remote. I have programmed my Cox Cable remote to control my dvd player and for the most part it works. However I can’t get to any of the settings because if I hit a button that might be related to settings, it sends a signal to the cable mode even though I had DVD selected. Make sense?

I tried about every remote that I could find. My HD tv remote. Same thing. Press settings and the tv signal blinks instead of the dvd signal. Dish remotes, direct tv remotes, cable remotes… I dug up any remote I could find. I didn’t want to have to go purchase a universal remote. No success with any of them.

Then it hit me. Universal Remote homebrew for PSP. I remembered in the early days of the psp scene seeing that there was an app available for universal remote for psp. I hurried and downloaded ver 1.2 and tried it. No luck. No code for my Pioneer DVD player and the one code that was there didn’t work. Did some more poking around and found IR Shell. Loaded 3.1 and tested every Pioneer code.

Viola! Found one that worked. My wife was so impressed that I fixed our DVD Player using my PSP. LOL

Sorry, long boring story, I know, but I thought I’d share it anyway.

PSP saves the day! Ha ha.

2. bash247

bash247 Regular member

you made a whole new thread for that story
    im disappointed :(

i thought you were in a life or death situation and your psp saved your life

:p

3. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I might die without my dvd player!?? LOL

4. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Thats pretty sweet GJ man!

5. enok321

enok321 Member

I know what you mean, my Hitachi TV remote sleeps with the fishes and thanx to PSP I can now set my sleep timer on once again....Big Deal I know....Just thought I'd share that also. Congrats

6. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Only one problem now u gotta keep the psp by the tv if anyone wants to use it =\ kind of an expencive remote lol...