1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP screen is unbelievably scratch prone..

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by bboy1, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

I have a DS Lite and when I got it bought the Hori screen protector to put on it. I used this Hori cleaning cloth for the DS Lite to get rid of dust before putting it on. This cloth is very soft and wouldn't scratch a thing. It didn't scratch the DS Lite screens at all.

I just got my new PSP. First thing I did was get a Hori screen protector for it and before attaching it I used my cloth to very lightly wipe off the dust. Thing is, I scratched the screen like 3 times. I wiped EXTREMELY lightly and to my shock I see these scratches. They're light scratches but pretty big and it's really p***ed me off. I'm just really picky about these things...

The Hori screen protector is more scratch resistant than the actual screen..

The fact that I gotta touch the glossy faceplate to use the PSP is gonna drive me insane cause of fingerprints and the fact that I'll always be worrying about scratching it...

Some of you probably think I'm sad..

2. tehsick

tehsick Regular member

Nah, not really.

I was like that when i got my psp. When your not playing it keep it in a cloth wallet (or something along those lines, you know what i mean.) Because from what i have seen, the majority of scratches are caused by transporting the psp, not playing it.

After a while though, you realise its going to scratch eventaully, there is nothing you can do about it

3. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

Well, I got the value pack and it came with the soft case. However, I've read on the net that it apparently scratches the PSP cause you have to slide it in and out...so I dunno if I want to use it. Can anyone confirm?

4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Affirmative....Because you get the back and forth sliding action from taking the unit in and out-and that causes the horizontal scratches-Your best bet is a air-form type case that closes like a clamshell..And eventually you will just have to deal with scratches as superficial as they are..They are pretty much unavoidable..I, on the other hand, dont even bother with a screen protector anymore-they just get in the way, and dust gets under them..Its just a pain in the ass IMO..

I should also note that you can always get a replacement faceplate for less than $20..and they have the matte finish ones as well that are not as prone to greasy fingerprints...decalgirl.com

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  5. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

lol yeah you g2 be patient to put them on. It took me literally like an hour cause I kept getting dust underneath and had to use sticky tape to get the dust off. A very lengthy process. However, I managed to finally get it right and there's only tiny specs of dust underneath at the most. How's the Logitech Playgear case? That any good?

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Thats the one its like a see-through hardshell, and you can open it up and use it as a stand to watch movies and stuff right?? Those logitech cases are good-I have one of their soft cases that holds a couple UMD discs on the inside,and has little pockets for your memory sticks and whatnot. As long as you get one with padding that is adequate, you will be good..Just dont get one of those flimsy gamestop cases, or you will have problems!