1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP screen...WASHED...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PDOWNZ, Sep 8, 2007.

1. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

I went to my local game shop and they told me that i can fix the scrathes on my PSP screen if i take a TINY bit of soap and wipe my PSP with my pingertips which i did and then he told me to rinse it off with water and i did...my psp still works good but it just that my screen has a HUGE black shady spot on it which you can only see whent he PSP logo comes up when you start a game soo is there a way to fix it?? w/o getting a new psp or spending any money????

2. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

You truely sadden me. The best way to remove scratches is to buy a scratch repair kit for glasses. The plastic material the screen is made off is similar to that of glasses. The same kit works on both for MINOR scratches. Soap is useless and it can be abrassive if used wrong on this material. When you "rinsed it off with water", exactly how rinsed is rinsed? You may have just FUBARed your PSP. I would recommend ebaying a brand new PSP screen and just install it. If it still has a warranty, put it back to official Firmware 3.52 and send it back or exchange it at the store if within 30 days, but I doubt thats a possibility.

3. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

i just splashed some water on it because i used like 1 drop of soap REALLY TINY drop...and like maybe 1/10 of a regular cup of water which is rele not much on the screen and its just the screen and i read many posts saying that it is possible to dry out??

4. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Open the UMD disc drive and take a blow dryer on HIGH HEAT LOW SPEED (i.e. the blower will blow slowly and hotly) for a couple of minutes. If someone turns that last statement into a sexual joke, I will hurt them.

5. ng2007

ng2007 Regular member

open the psp, see what is messed up if it is faceplate just replace it check out here
    and if your screen screwed up just go HERE and see if you want it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  6. po43292

po43292 Regular member

shoulda just wet a cotton towel and wiped the water off, not "splashed it"...sux