1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP Screwing Up?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DrZack, Nov 6, 2007.

1. DrZack

DrZack Member

Hello there. I just flashed my PSP to M33 3.71, and I have a bit of a problem. See, afterwards, I tried to upload a theme to the PSP, but then it would freeze at the Sony Entertainment America bootup screen. So, I thought it was the theme's fault, so I removed those files and tried again. Now, it won't even go into the recovery screen, let alone the Bootup screen. What is up?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You used a bad easy installer, you should've done it manualy insteade. Anyways, you need to go to recovery again, recover to 1.50 and then relfash.

3. DrZack

DrZack Member

Like I said, it won't go to Recovery mode. I checked System Settings, and the 3.71 M33 did show up, but now the system won't turn on. Is there some way I can fix this? Thanks.

4. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

Go to the recovery menu and toggle usb and put a 1.50 firmware in the psp/game folder.

If you fully bricked and live around US, send your battery and memory card to deez_NUTS, he will make you a Ultimate Pandora Magic Kit.

OR.. you could buy those premade kits they sell on e-bay, if you only have 1 memory card.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well didn't you flash with a Pandora's Battery in the first place?

6. DrZack

DrZack Member

No... I didn't realize it was a necessity. :S

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Ouch, your psp is probly bricked right now and you need a pandora's battery to recover.

8. DrZack

DrZack Member

It's weird. I took out the battery and the memory card, and then it went to the Recovery Mode. I'll try to see if I can recover down to 1.50 before it bricks again.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  9. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

That's weird, but you can't turn it on now?

10. DrZack

DrZack Member

Well, I'm still in recovery mode. I can go into USB mode and all that, but now it still freezes at Sony Computer Entertainment and doesn't go any farther. I don't know how to fix it from where I'm at. Is there any way to downgrade from the Recovery screen? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks thus far!

11. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Ok, that's good that you can go to recovery mode. Just download a 3.71 M33 recovery pack, place in PSP/GAME/RECOVERY and go to recovery and run.

12. DrZack

DrZack Member

Whoa, chalk it up for another strange event. I just used the recovery pack, it finished, wanted to restart, and it's stuck yet again. Wtf is going on? :(

13. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

same thing happen to me bro :\

If you tried to press x to shutdown psp, and it's not working... then if your turn of your psp manually IT WILL FULLY BRICK.

this is probably caused by not having 75% battery life or you downloaded the wrong recovery eboot.

you're going to need pandoras kit to unbrick. OR... if you're lucky your psp might run and restart the recovery

14. DrZack

DrZack Member

Okay. I'll try to recharge it as much as I can and try again. It still sends me to the Recovery menu when I take out the battery. Hopefully it will run correctly this time.

I used this for the task: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967

It should work, right?