1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP - Shall I just wait

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by VEN0M, Mar 12, 2007.

1. VEN0M

VEN0M Member

Hi Guru's,

I have a PSP 2.82 firmware I can't get my hands on a copy of GTA:LCS and I refuse to pay a jumped up price on ebay.

I want to downgrade--->Upgrade so I can do all the cool stuff.

My question is : Is my only option to wait until a new downgrader is written before I can do anything?

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

why dont u just buy GTA:LCS for the downgrade then sell it on once you've finished with it?

3. VEN0M

VEN0M Member

Mainly its because its not garunteed to be the right version. Or am I looking at a very look wait?

4. shauntay

shauntay Regular member

i find the best thing to do is msg ppl sellin gta on ebay asking then for the reference number and the firmware update that the game contains, if u ask people who arnt advertising there game as being unpatched then you will get a bargain, i seen one for £10 buy it now, i messaged the seller and it wos of course the unpatched version.

good luck

5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

just wait if you don't wanna spend a penny. :p

6. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

I take it you live outside the UK? Ones here are like £9 on eBay, even ones advertised as 2.0.

At my local blockbusters you can get them traded in for £5 a piece now.

7. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

or you can borrow or at least rent. :D

8. VEN0M

VEN0M Member

How can I tell which is the right version for the downgrade on the ones that arent specified?

Ie. what do I ask the seller?

9. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

your GTA-LCS should look only one of two ways on the disc:

a gun w/o the red label at the bottom, or no images with just boxes and text.....

also, the ULUS # is right on the disc...make sure you know what series # you are looking for, as everyone I see is pissed of because they cant find ULUS 100041 or whatever, but there are several different working unpatched GTA's with different serial numbers on it...

it aint that hard if you know what youre doing....that said, good luck! study hard!

10. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well put it this way, if you can't get GTA LCS unpatched, then simply don't update your system, because they might release a downgrader which doesn't require GTA, im not sure though since i just run HEN on my 2.71 PSP. I attempted downgrading this morning, and i found out my PSP wasn't a TA-082.. but im just going to get the modchip instead.