1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp shuts down

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by funkyfis, Dec 29, 2007.

1. funkyfis

funkyfis Member

1st post many thanks for reading.psp slim with 3.60 software 4gb stick.....on trying to reload sims 2 castaway its starts to reload and then powers down and shuts down,other games work fine as does sims 2 castaway if you start a new game. any ideas? ,the game is from smiths and i have started from saved stick this morning,it actually shut down while playing the game been playing it for about 5 hrs when it happen any ideas many thanks.....i have movies and photos and music on it as well many thanks

2. Artreyu

Artreyu Member

Haha first thought was, I sure hope he plugged it in.
    Well I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you did.

Sounds to me like a corrupted save since other games work.

Try formatting your Memory Stick.

Make sure you back up your game saves though.

Well except that game, it might be messed up.

If that's not it then ask away.

Oh and glad to have you here at Afterdawn! =D

3. funkyfis

funkyfis Member

tnanks for the reply deleted that save and started the whole game again after about an hour it just shut down this time ..this time it was just running off of the battery it powered straight back up and showed two bar of battery ....going to take game back to day hope that is the fault...not sure why a game would make it power down though.....

4. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

Have you checked the battery? can you swop with a friend to test?

You do not mention whether it shuts down on AC Power to?

I ask as i had similar problem some time ago - turned out to be battery had gone a bit mad. Bought a new one not happened since. Just a thought.

5. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

Ignore me - Must be to early :)

6. funkyfis

funkyfis Member

when it first happen it was connected to ac power and it still powered down but it was into 5 hrs of playing the game, when trying to reload sims2 games on either ac or battery it would start to reload then power down..that was when we deleted the save and restarted all was fine until about and hour into the game when on battery it died .powered it up,showed two bar tried another game that was fine .we have four psps and so i can try another battery is slim battery different to the fat if so i cant,just seems weird never had this problem with any of the other psps thanks for the reply

7. funkyfis

funkyfis Member

just a little up date i did in fact swap the game this proved sucessefull but then the problem returned i did some seaching and found someting on another site more related to sims that high lighted this problem as well, anyway by saving small files it does nt crash and the game reloads ok ,many thanks