1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP slim 3.71M33 help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ernie464, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ernie464

ernie464 Member

Hi Im a noob/newbie. I recently got a psp Slim &lite and i got it modded(i think?) in Indonesia but all i was told was that the version changed to 3.71 M33 and now i can copy and paste games onto my memory stick and play. I bought some of their burnt games and yea I have no idea what files to copy...

So heres a few questions i really appreciate anyone answering(yes i tried reading the guides but have difficulty understanding):

1. All i need is a version upgrade and thats it to get it modded?
    2. Can i play downloaded ROMs/psp game files?
    3. Which files do i copy+paste onto the stick and where?
    4. Do i need to update/format anything?
    5. Wheres a site to download roms/psp games?
    6. I understand what brick/semi brick means but how does it happen? Will my PSP jam(brick?) if i try this modding stuff?
    7. Which FAQs will best answer my situation?

Thank you in advanced for any help or advice, I really really appreciate it. I apologize if my noobiness affects some ppl, and I understand the amount of work ppl have spent to create such helpful FAQs but I have no idea where to start.

2. acidy

acidy Regular member

Answers :-
    1. No !! Well, it's a big process to upgrade your PSP from an official firmware to a custom firmware >_>
    You need to use a pandora battery and magic memory stick and alot of processes involved ^_^
    HERE is a tutorial but well it's not much necessary now since you have a custom firmware ^_^
    Sony firmwares can't play downloaded games but custom firmwares can play them ^_^
    2. Yes you can ^_^
    3. When you downlaod a game, you'll get it in .iso or .cso format ^_^ Put them in the ms0:/ISO folder (Where ms0 is your PSP memory stick) of your PSP
    4. Well, it would be good if you format your PSP using the system settings of your PSP ^_^ (Back up all data on your PSP though)
    5. I can't tell you that since it's against the form rules :(
    But you can download games from torrents ^_^
    6. Well, it happens when you plug-off the ac adapter while upgrading/downgrading your PSP etc.
    7. See the stickies in HERE and HERE ^_^

EDIT : Also, you have 3.71m33 rite ???
    It would be better if you upgrade your PSP to 3.71m33-4 ^_^
    3.71m33-4 update : HERE

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. acsys

acsys Member

how to back-up my files in the memory stick.?

sori for being a noob. ):

4. acidy

acidy Regular member

Well, I copy all the data on your memory stick and paste it in some folder on your PC ^_^

5. ernie464

ernie464 Member

Ok thank you very much for the tips =)

Just wondering though, I followed your tip with putting the .iso files into ISO folder and i loaded it and it sorta worked fine but the game just jammed after some 'choose difficulty setting prompt'. Im wondering it may be because I haven't copied+pasted all the files inside the game disc provided to me. So far i saw a PSP folder which contains some eboot.pbp and dh_fep.elf files, a DHEVOLVED file containing containing lots of different folders and .pbp,.prx files and an ISO folder containing a .iso folder (which looks like it can be unzipped) and i've only copied that .iso file to my memory stick. Am i sposed to copy+paste the others?

Also, In my memory stick i have some empty GAME150 folders and trash files - not sure if they are sposed to be there? I havent formatted my memory stick but plan to do so after i finish FFT just in case xD

6. acidy

acidy Regular member

Well, you did it right ^_^
    You just need the .iso file ^_^
    The rest of the files are for 1.50 firmware PSPs to run the game ^_^
    Do not put those other files as you have a custom firmware ^_^

btw, the GAME150 etc. are useful for other reasons ^_^
    Do not delete them ^_^

Also, about your problem >_>
    Well, I think you should update your 3.71m33 version to 3.71m33-4 ^_^
    I gave you the link in my 1st post ^_^
    Download the file ^_^
    A readme is included there ^_^
    I think that may fix the problem ^_^

If that doesn't help, then access the recovery mode of your PSP :-
    and then go to "Configuration" and in "UMD mode", change it to "Sony np9660" ^_^

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008