1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp slim 3.80 downgrade via pb

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by X360PSP, Dec 24, 2007.

1. X360PSP

X360PSP Member

Hi guys, I was just wondering, I have a customer asking if the pandora battery will downgrade his psp slim which he upgraded to a 3.80?

2. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

you got the answer, I have used my pandora in at least 50 psps, between Slims and Fats! SO yes, pandora is the fix for every single problem!

4. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Pandora can fix FAT and SLIM PSP's...
    :)

5. X360PSP

X360PSP Member

ok thanks, i knew it works in the slim but i wasn't sure if sony had patched out the pandora battery in the 3.8 update...

6. moonspray

moonspray Member

erm..i got a psp 3.71 m33 slim and it had isos already on it, without thinking i upgraded it to 3.80 and now i cant play them, what do i do?

i have an old fat bricked psp, will that help

7. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

You need pandora....
    You could use your old fat battery from your old fat bricked psp and make it pandora....

8. moonspray

moonspray Member

how would i do that?

9. moonspray

moonspray Member

please could someone give me proper help, not just "you need pandora", i have

1: a slim psp with 3.80 official firmware which i want to downgrade back to 3.71 m33-2

2: a fat psp which is totally bricked (the blue screen of death wont leave)

3: my brother has a slim psp with 3.71 m33-2, but he's hesitant to let me use it

4: a spare 1GB memory stick pro duo

can someone tell me step by step what to do, and can i guarantee to my brother that i wont screw up his psp?

10. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

You need to create pandora with universal unbrikcer v3 with your OLD FAT PSP's BATTERY and make your MAGIC MS and put it int your SLIM and upgrade it to 3.71 M33-2 then just add update 4...

11. Rorro_Rey

Rorro_Rey Guest

@MoonSpray

Here is a pandora application to make your battery into a pandora battery using a CFW Phat PSP.

and then you can just use this guide...but yes you can turn your battery into a pandora one using the pandora application i gave you first...hope this helps...;)

But don't use the application to create your magic memory stick...use ONLY..!! to make your battery....and after you've gotten your SLIM up to 3.71 M33-2 put the battery back on the CFW Phat psp to turn it back to normal using the same application.

And use the guide i gave you to turn your memory stick into a MMS.

After you've successfully turn your battery back to normal and your SLIM is running 3.71 M33-2 download this here to turn your psp into 3.71 M33-4....sorry if i used a not so good group of words...;)

No need for opening battery if you use this pandora application on your brother's Phat CFW psp to make your battery a pandora one...;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your kinda in a predicament here. In order to install custom firmware to your PSP SLIM you need a Pandora Battery. In order to Unbrick your PSP FAT (if it is a full brick) you need a Pandora Battery.

But I think you might have hope.

You said...

Did this have custom firmware on it when it bricked?

If so you might not have a fully bricked PSP FAT. See if you can go into recovery menu by holding down the R-Trigger while turning on the PSP (this is only possible if the brick occurred with custom firmware already on it).

If you can go into recovery menu go HERE and follow these steps to recover to 3.52 M33-4 then you can go HERE and use the FAT to install custom firmware to your PSP SLIM.

If you didn't have custom firmware on the FAT when the brick occurred or if the recovery menu doesn't come up then your gonna have to...

1) Talk your brother into letting you convert your FAT battery to a Pandora Battery using his 3.71 M33 PSP SLIM.

2) Buy a Datel Tool Battery.

3) Hardmod your FAT Battery into a Pandora battery.

There will be no risk to your Brothers PSP SLIM. Your just using it to create the Magic Memory Stick and Pandora battery. There will be no risk to his Battery either if you just use the FAT Battery. It will fit into the PSP SLIM and convert using the application linked in the guide below.

It is safe because nothing is being flashed to his PSP SLIM so no risk of anything happing.

HERE is the guide you can follow if he lets you use his PSP SLIM. Which I hope he does cause who knows if he will ever find himself in the same predicament.

If he lets you and you use the guide to create the Magic memory Stick + Pandora battery you can then use it to unbrick your FAT PSP and install custom firmware back to your PSP SLIM.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  13. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

Ok so just to make sure, I can definitely safely upgrade a PSP Slim with 3.80 Sony firmware to 3.71M33 with a Pandora battery?

14. hoip

hoip Regular member

15. greenaple

greenaple Member

i'm trying to downgrade my psp slim 3.80 ofw, to make pandora batt & magic memory using my psp, i already done the first part which i got from this file download "TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenuforNON CFW" but i got an error "the game could not be started. (8002014c)" when i start to "pandora's battery creator & despertar del cementerio". Also i read from one of the forums it was due the kernel. If so, can you give a link or instruction on what to do next? i'm kind new on psp. I tried to watch the link posted but it was already removed (see below)
    ===============================================
    pandora's fix all kind of psp's (phat & slim)
    so l found this about psp ofw 3.80
    check this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6BPNR_FULE
    hope thsi help
    ===============================================
    Thanks for the help!

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The reason you are having issues is due to running Official Firmware. Official firmware can not run unsigned code applications/games (Application must be signed by Sony to run on official Firmware).

"pandora's battery creator & despertar del cementerio" are not signed by Sony so they will not run on Official Firmware PSP's.

Go HERE and follow this guide if you know someone that has a custom firmware PSP and ask if they can help create the Magic Memory Stick + Pandora Battery.

Go HERE and follow this guide if you only have access to your Official Firmware PSP which guides you through the Magic Memory Stick and Pandora Battery Options.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  17. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

the only way Sony can stop the Pandora Battery working is with Hardware changes, they cannot stop it working with FW updates. It is a hardware hack.

They will surely put in a hardware check on the next version of motherboards or something but if you have a psp now Pandora is the key, for any future FW updates :)

18. greenaple

greenaple Member

Thank you for the help!!!! will try your guidelines & give u feedback. Thanks again!

19. greenaple

greenaple Member

Success!!!! i've made the Magic Memory... all i need now is a pandora battery to complete (give feedback when finish)... Thank you very much!!! your the best....

20. greenaple

greenaple Member

Hooray for larrylje!!!!....

Thanks man! your guides and links are the best!!! i was able to downgrade my psp 3.80ofw to 3.71m33-2 and now 3.80m33-4 cfw and was able to create my own pandora battery. To think im a newbie in every aspect on psp. THIS GUIDE IS REALLY GREAT!! Keep it up guys & thanks also to the developers whoever u are :)!!!

This feels really good doing something that won't brick my psp... really man, thanks.... and for your patience!!!!

If you have any advise and suggestions..., please give me some... im new at this like 2wks.