1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psp slim button problem with 3.71-4 m33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by darkbebop, Jan 26, 2008.

1. darkbebop

darkbebop Member

hi i have the psp slim with 3.71m33-4 my problem is when i try playing any game the start button the d pad and the home button wont work i tried using a umd and iso still no go i tried installing the original firmware and still the same thing i tried keycleaner it said the keys are fine also my browser will load but it stays like the home button is pressed so you can't even type anything if i enable vsh none of the buttons would work anyone know wats wrong with it?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

That sounds like you have something stuck-like one of your buttons are being pressed down that is preventing the others from working..

First check to make sure the HOLD/power switch is not set to HOLD.

Did you happen to drop, or get your psp wet at all?

What I would do is get yourself a can of compressed air, and some rubbing alcohol with some q-tips and pop the faceplate off of your psp and clean the button contacts and the rubber pads underneath.

3. darkbebop

darkbebop Member

checked the hold button its not on its my friends psp i don't think he got it wet the buttons work fine when its not playing a umd or iso it also gets messed up when i enable vsh menu so had to take it out. i was reading some forums someone had the same problem no one replied -_-' i think it was the m33 no umd driver that messed it up but i tried everything even put back the 3.71 the sony version

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

and the buttons are still stuck even on official firmware? Thats odd..

did by chance you or your friend change the clockspeed for the XMB and UMD/ISO? You can change it in either recovery mode, or via the VSH menu..If you happened to change it so the psp is running at a lower processor speed, that may be the problem when you are trying to run a UMD or an ISO-it makes the psp unresponsive to button presses..Make sure the setting for UMD/ISO is set to 'default'-the setting for XMB should also be 'default'

5. darkbebop

darkbebop Member

there set to default it freaking weird even if i put the original 3.71 it still gets stuck

6. darkbebop

darkbebop Member

i fixed the problem i opened the psp then disabled vsh menu but my select became my start i installed vshmenu alternative im going to try replacing the buttons with a new one see if it works also updated my firmware to 3.90 m33

7. darkbebop

darkbebop Member

problem FULLY fixed i need to replace the buttons bar thankx guys